次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

TSI out of range for waking up K52 microcontroller from VLPS mode

1,066件の閲覧回数
annamol
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am trying to use Touch Sense Input (TSI) out of range to wake up the kinetis 52 micro controller from Very Low Power Stop mode.The following register configurations were done to enable TSI to wake up the controller.

• GENCS[LPCLKS] was set to 0
  • GENCS[LPSCNITV] was set to 500ms interval
  • GENCS[TSIEN] and GENCS[TSIIE] was set
  • GENCS[STM] was set as 1
  • GENCS[ESOR]  was set to 0
  • GENCS[STPE] was set to 1 to enable TSI in low power modes
  • TSI0_PEN[LPSP] was set to TSI_IN[13]
  • The TSI0_THRESHOLD register was set to 0x00000000

The end of scan interrupt works fine in normal mode. Will the out of range interrupt work in normal mode? My understanding is it will work only in low power mode. Even in low power mode , the OUTRGF flag is never set and the controller is not waking up due to TSI interrupt. The overrun flag gets set and the counter registers are not getting updated. The development environment is IAR and kinetis k53N512 tower kit.

Can out of range interrupt be used for waking up from VLPS mode? Am i doing the configurations wrong? If yes , please let me know the correct register configuration?

Thanks and Regards

Annamol

0 件の賞賛
3 返答(返信)

671件の閲覧回数
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Annamol Alex:

Please share the full part number and mask set of your K53 device. These are the numbers on the top of the chip. Example:

PK53N512CMD100

1N30D

Provide this info for both, the chip on your TWR-K53 board and your own chips.

I ask this because the TSI module had some changes between Rev 1.x and Rev 2.x parts. Details in application note AN4445.

There are also a pair of erratas regarding TSI module. The errata documents (for K53) are in the next link:

K53_100 |Kinetis K53 100 MHz MCUs|Freescale

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 件の賞賛

671件の閲覧回数
annamol
Contributor IV

Hi Jorge Gonzalez,

Thanks for replying. I am using the tower k53 with MK53DN512CMD10 4N22D CTCTAE1310D written on the controller and a custom board with MK52DN512CMD10 4N22D CTCTAL1349R written.

Regards

Annamol

0 件の賞賛

671件の閲覧回数
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Annamol:

According to your mask sets, both are Rev 2.x parts. First thing to avoid confusion you should download the Reference Manuals for K5x that end with "V2RM", the V2 indicates that the manual is for Rev 2 parts.Below are the links to the correct Reference Manuals:

K52P144M100SF2V2RM

K53P144M100SF2V2RM

Then some general comments about your questions and configurations:

- Yes, it is possible to wakeup from VLPS with TSI. And you are right, Out-of-range interrupt is only valid in low power mode.

- Do not enable the module (GENCS[TSIEN] = 1) until you have finished with configurations.

- The counter registers are not updated in low power mode. Instead you have a separate register (TSIx_WUCNTR), which stores the counter value for the selected Wake-up electrode.

- TSI0_THRESHOLD should not be 0x00000000. The threshold register is used to configure Upper and Lower limits. If the electrode counter result is outside of this range at the end of scan, then the Out-of-rage interrupt is triggered. You need to calibrate the range.

I recommend you to download the code package "KINETIS512_V2_SC", which includes an example TSI project for IAR. The package is available from the "Software and tools" tab:

K50_100 |Kinetis K50 100 MHz MCUs|Freescale

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛