cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substituting an MK21FX512VMD12 for MK22FN1M0AVMD12

Jump to solution
myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

I was planning on using an MK22FN1M0AVMD12 for my product and did do prototypes but they are going to be out of stock until the 2Q next year.  

Right now, the only possible substitutes for the part in the medium term that I can find is the MK21FX512VMD12 which has the security features including the "TAMPER" pins (which don't seem to be able to be used for any other function).  

I know that to understand the use of the TAMPER pins, I must get an NDA (which is very possible) but I was wondering if there was somebody in the know (ie NXP employee) that could tell me is there a value I should drive the TAMPER pins (high, low or floating) that the device will run without accessing any of the security features?  I'm hoping to get a quick answer rather than hassling my local NXP support and before the parts are no longer available.  

Thanx!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi myke_predko,

Tamper pins can been left open(floating) if you do not care for the power consumption.
Otherwise, connect a 10K ohm pull-up or pull-down resistor(but not both) is recommended.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi myke_predko,

Tamper pins can been left open(floating) if you do not care for the power consumption.
Otherwise, connect a 10K ohm pull-up or pull-down resistor(but not both) is recommended.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Thanx @Robin_Shen 

That's what I was expecting - I'll let you know in a few weeks how that works out for me.

myke

0 Kudos