Reset issue of on board K20DX128 of FRDM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset issue of on board K20DX128 of FRDM

kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

It seems K/KL micro always bugs me a lot. I have solved reset issue of KL25 by a series resistor in SWD_CLK. Now it comes again, with slight differences.

RESET always LOW

I have a FRDM-K20 board. It worked well when it arrived as a new package, OpenSDA bootloader + CMSIS-DAP debugger/PEmicro debugger and MSD programmer. Also I have developed bootloader and firmware on that board as well.

Today I try to evaluate a new firmware. I can not connect it by Keil + CMSIS-DAP debugger + FRDM. The RESET pin keeps low.

However, since the on board K20 has been programmed by the demo firmware released from FSL. Yes, the demo code from Quick Start Package. It should not be an empty micro which makes reset by internal watchdog. I also found it is pulled low constantly, not reset over and over.

K20 is not DEAD

If I toggles debugger setting in Keil by toggling JTAG/SWD, the code runs a while, since the LED blanks. However, the CMSIS-DAP reports SWD/JTAG communication failure. I also use PEmicro Multilink, some issue.

Always in BOOTLOADER, Hard to enter CMSIS-DAP

Since RST line connects to K20 debugger micro, it enforced debugger K20 always into BOOTLOADER mode, not pre-programmed CMSIS-DAP mode. It happens all the morning. In the afternoon, it allows me to enter CMSIS-DAP. But the user K20 stills in reset mode.

Any ideas about this issue?

The reset line keeps on 0.5V DC. I also checked the push button, pull up resistor, capacitor. Only pull-up resistor is 103, 10K, but measured at 1K, I believe it has parallel resistor internally.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kai,

The Freedom board you have is the FRDM-K20D50M?

Is yes I will do some testing on my board.

Have you updated the debugger firmware?

I have CW and IAR but not Keil as fyi.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

Hi, David,

Yes, it is FRDM-K20D50M with following revision information:

700-27720 REV X2

SCH-27720 REV C1

In order to test it, I used all software from FRDM-K20D50M Quick Start Package, which has not been upgraded for a while. Currently I am using debugger firmware CMSIS-DAP_OpenSDA.S19 dated on 2012-09-17.

Actually I have tested it in Keil and IAR. Same result, can not talk to target. Should I attach screen shorts?

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kai Liu,

Any luck with this?

Maybe you can try updating the BOOTLOADER itself with the latest version v1.11. Download firmware package from www.pemicro.com/opensda and inside you will find BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA which you can program to your board as any other .SDA firmware.

Also you will find a recent version of P&E OpenSDA firmware for FRDM-K20D50M, which is MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K20D50M_Pemicro_v115.SDA.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

Hi, Jorge,

Thanks for your information. I have tried new bootloader and new debug firmware.

BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA

MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-K20D50M_Pemicro_v115.SDA

It doesn't help out. I believe it is related to the hardware.

0 Kudos

kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

Thanks for your information, Jorge.

I will try to update that bootloader and debugger.

0 Kudos