Required Toolset for MKW24D512 ZigBee Development on a custom board using JTAG connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Toolset for MKW24D512 ZigBee Development on a custom board using JTAG connection.

Jump to solution
atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello,

We have a custom board with i.MX6Q processor and MKW24D512 ZigBee modem. I have the JTAG pins of MKW exposed. This will be a newbie question but how do I start programming the MKW? Like how do I set the IOMUX of MKW for SPI and I2C and so on. Right now I have no means of communicating i.MX with the MKW because pins are not set on MKW side.

What are the required Hardware and Software so I can start programming MKW and get the ZigBee stack in with only JTAG exposed? I have a Green Hills probe lying around that I can use in our company? Would that work?

Regards,

Mete

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Atilla Mete Turedi

Yes, you are correct. In order to program a MKW24D512 device, your minimal requirements are a debugger (like the J-link Plus) and if you want to use BeeKit to develop ZigBee application, you'll need IAR Workbench.

If you required further information please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this information helps you
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

View solution in original post

3 Replies
atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Have a nice day as well,

Mete

0 Kudos
atillametetured
Contributor V

Greetings,

Doing some research on this subject, I figured that I will be needing the following;

-   J-Link Plus debugger

SEGGER - J-Link PLUS - The Embedded Experts 

-   J-Link 9-pin Cortex-M Adapter

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - 9-pin Cortex-M Adapter 

-   IAR Embedded Workbench

IAR Embedded Workbench 

-   BeeKit

As far as I am concerned I will be using BeeKit to develop ZigBee application and export the outcome to IAR Workbench where I will be compiling the project and deploy it to internal flash of MKW24D512 using J-Link Plus debugger.

Can someone please confirm that this is the case and what I mentioned above are all that I need?

Kind regards,

Mete

0 Kudos
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Atilla Mete Turedi

Yes, you are correct. In order to program a MKW24D512 device, your minimal requirements are a debugger (like the J-link Plus) and if you want to use BeeKit to develop ZigBee application, you'll need IAR Workbench.

If you required further information please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this information helps you
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala