cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release build IAR for Kinetis micro controllers

annamol
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am using Kinetis MK53N512CMD100 and IAR is the IDE for development. In other micro controller examples, Debug and Release build options are available but not in K53 examples.

I tried defining NDEBUG in pre-processor tab and changed optimization level from  default "LOW" to "MEDIUM" and "HIGH". Even though code size gets reduced by a few Kilo Bytes,

functionality is affected. The default build and flash configurations I get are

45698_45698.pngpastedImage_2.png

• Is the default build configuration "debug"?
  • How to enable "Release" build in IAR?
  • Is there some configuration/ plugin to enable Debug and Release mode?

Please do reply.. I have attached the project I am using

Original Attachment has been moved to: hello_world.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

rajkumar_yerraj
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using MK60FN1M0VLQ12 controller. i need to configure it for release mode. so what are the changes i have to do in configuration to make it work for release mode.? 

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

0 Kudos

annamol
Contributor IV

Hey,

Thank you guys.. I could add the release configuration to my project. Please Correct me if I am wrong. I added the new 'release' configuration as Xi mentioned. Now release option is there in the project. But when I clean and rebuild the project and in the "build/IAR/hello_world/release/exe/ " folder location where the executable are generated, there is no reduction in size of the firmware.My understanding is release build is an optimized version of the same project and there will be a reduction in the size of the firmware when compared with debug mode. Am I wrong ? Please let me know if there is some other option which needs to be enabled for getting an optimized code without affecting functionality

0 Kudos

fantasy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

You can add release build follow this: Project-->edit configurations-->New.

Have a great day,

Xi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello annamol alex,

please what are you using for example? Or can you attach the project?

I will test it on my side.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

annamol
Contributor IV

Hi Iva,

I have attached the project as a zip folder in my original post..  I don't know what I am doing wrong with the configurations.

0 Kudos