cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding openSDA of TRK KEA 128 development board

jashanm
Contributor III

Hi all,
                  am working on openSDA of  TRK KEA128 development board. I wanted to make my own openSDA  board  so  that I  could  flash  my  MCU  which  is used  in  my  project, I  referred  the schematics  of TRK KEA 128  and  designed a board with same  components being used as of TRK KEA 128. I am finding few difficulties while  flashing.

1.         First of  all  when I  connect  it  via USB  to my  computer  it  doesn’t detect  ( using Code warrior to flash and debug).

2.         Flashing happens once I do with development board (by connecting UART_TX, UART_RX, SWD_DIO,  SWD_CLK   and  RESET )  but  not from  my  board (                           by connecting  UART_TX, UART_RX , SWD_DIO, SWD_CLK and RESET).
3.         Observation done from my board is that LED doesn't glowing once I connect USB.

Does openSDA controller IC needs to be flashed ??

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jashan,

Yes, After be programmed with the firmware, the OpenSDA hardware can turn into the debug tool, and you can learn the more detail information through the link as below.

OpenSDAv2
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jashanm
Contributor III

Hi jermyzhou,

Thanks for the reply, i am getting the firmware for K20 but not for M20. is there a link for it ?? and also once i connect the USB to my openSDA un-flashed board its not detecting, so i couldnt see any BOOTLOADER drive in my system ? is there anything which i have to do before pressing RESET and plugging the USB ??

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jashan,

The M20AGV is the product number of the following chips.

Header 1

MK20DX128VFM5
MK20DX128VFT5
MK20DX128VLF5
MK20DX128VMP5

For the KEA 128, now the OpenSDAv2 hasn't supported the device now, however the P&E Micro has the copy right of the OpenSDA and it's not the open source.

So I'm afraid it's hard to copy the OpenSDA interface from the TRK-KEA128 board.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos