Regarding DTE or DCE type of UART communication in KEA128 !

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding DTE or DCE type of UART communication in KEA128 !

jashanm
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on  KEA 128 micro-controller, i want to know what type  of end instrument that converts user information into signals or reconverts received signals is used in UART communication (DTE or DCE) in KEA128. Since am working with a DCE system i need to know this, which i dint get in the data sheet of KEA128  ????

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jashan,

In the KEA128, the kind of UART module is the TTL Serial.

So it needs you to use the TTL-232 converter to connect the UART module as the DTE to the DCE.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dsherman
Contributor III

It doesn't specify whether it's DCE or DTE, because it depends on how you design the hardware and software.  The UART is capable of doing either.  The DTE/DCE terminology usually refers to RS-232 hardware, because the TX pin on the DTE end has to go to the RX pin on the DCE end.

0 Kudos