cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with TWR-K64F120M and TWR-SER ethernet

Jump to solution
kalden_srcinc
Contributor IV

I am having trouble getting the KSDK 1.1.0 lwIp ping demo running on the TWR-K64F120M.  I have set all the jumpers on the two boards according to this document: http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/TWRK64F120MUG.pdf

I believe the intention is to configure TWR-SER for RMII and enable the 50MHz clock to be routed up to the K64.  With the jumpers in this configuration, I cannot get my program to main.  here is the gdb output:

(gdb) b main

Breakpoint 1 at 0x8df4: file /home/kalden/Freescale/KSDK_1.1.0/demos/lwip_ping_demo/ping_rtos/src/ping.c, line 286.

(gdb) c

Continuing.

^C

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

0x00008f6c in SystemInit () at /home/kalden/Freescale/KSDK_1.1.0/platform/startup/MK64F12/system_MK64F12.c:237

237    while((MCG->S & MCG_S_IREFST_MASK) != 0x00U) {

Now, If I remove J32 and connect J33 on the TWR-K64, the software seems to run as expected.  I just don't see any packets coming out of the board.  It is my understanding that populating J33 uses the K64 onboard clock.  J32 disables this and should use the 50MHz clock from TWR-SER.  Could I be missing a jumper setting somewhere?  I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks

1 Solution
kalden_srcinc
Contributor IV

Well this is embarrassing.  I had the TWR-SER in backwards :smileyhappy:   All is well now.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kalden_srcinc
Contributor IV

Well this is embarrassing.  I had the TWR-SER in backwards :smileyhappy:   All is well now.