Over-the-Air Firmware Update in MKW36A512?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over-the-Air Firmware Update in MKW36A512?

Jump to solution
ajith_k
Contributor I

Hi,

We would like to use MKW36A512 SoC in one of our new designs. OTA update is a feature that we require in the design. Does Kinetis MKW36A512 support OTA firmware update?

Expecting a quick resolution.

Thanks and regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajith, I hope you're doing well!

The BLE Stack developed for the KW36 family of MCUs has support for OTAP, and there's currently an example implementing a simple OTA Client Application included in the SDK package for this device.

The MCUXpresso SDK builder can be used for building and downloading the SDK for the KW36Z/A.

The OTAP Client example can be found in the following path of the SDK:

<…\SDK_2.2.2_FRDM-KW36\boards\frdmkw36\wireless_examples\bluetooth\otac_att>

And information about running the example can be found in the BLE Demo Applications User's Guide:

<…\SDK_2.2.2_FRDM-KW36\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications User Guide.pdf>

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajith, I hope you're doing well!

The BLE Stack developed for the KW36 family of MCUs has support for OTAP, and there's currently an example implementing a simple OTA Client Application included in the SDK package for this device.

The MCUXpresso SDK builder can be used for building and downloading the SDK for the KW36Z/A.

The OTAP Client example can be found in the following path of the SDK:

<…\SDK_2.2.2_FRDM-KW36\boards\frdmkw36\wireless_examples\bluetooth\otac_att>

And information about running the example can be found in the BLE Demo Applications User's Guide:

<…\SDK_2.2.2_FRDM-KW36\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications User Guide.pdf>

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos