Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Olimex ARM-USB-OCD-H + OpenOCD + K60

Jump to solution
norton256
Contributor III

Hello,

I have been running our own GCC, OpenOCD and a K60 tower system for many months, while our custom hardware was being built. We have also been running just fine and have been able to debug many problems with this setup. But now our custom HW has arrived, and we need to use something other than the OSBDM on the tower board. We bought a couple Olimex ARM-USB-OCD-H adapters, and OpenOCD sees it just fine. I have even gotten them to connect to the kinetis, and supposedly download code, and set a break point. My issue is that no matter how slow I set the pod to, I constantly get JTAG-DP STICKY errors. It seems to ride through a couple of them, but it eventually looses its connection. I'm really looking for this to be an open ARM (not just Freescale) solution for us.

Does anyone have any tips or experience with the ARM-USB-OCD-H?

I'm hoping to connect the pod to the tower system to see if I get similar results tomorrow.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
norton256
Contributor III

Continuing the story here:

I was able to successfully debug a program with the ARM-USB-OCD-H with a tower system. After further investigation, I found that the K60 on my custom board is constantly resetting. The period of the reset is about 28.2ms. Once I command a reset init through OpenOCD, the continuous resetting stops.

With this behavior identified, I did some searching and came across this thread: https://community.freescale.com/thread/118402

Their behavior is quite different, but was still the closest I could find. I can "program flash" as far as OpenOCD tells me. I can even use the verify command which returns successfully.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
norton256
Contributor III

Continuing the story here:

I was able to successfully debug a program with the ARM-USB-OCD-H with a tower system. After further investigation, I found that the K60 on my custom board is constantly resetting. The period of the reset is about 28.2ms. Once I command a reset init through OpenOCD, the continuous resetting stops.

With this behavior identified, I did some searching and came across this thread: https://community.freescale.com/thread/118402

Their behavior is quite different, but was still the closest I could find. I can "program flash" as far as OpenOCD tells me. I can even use the verify command which returns successfully.

karfes
Contributor II

don't have a continuous reset problem, but I configured openOCD correctly (build from source on linux) and It starts Ok until I hit an error:

*** stack smashing detected ***: openocd terminated

Aborted (core dumped)

What could be the course of this? the original firmware is still on the board.

0 Kudos
karfes
Contributor II

Oh smokes!!! , I solved it, reverted back to an old openOCD repo without the hidapi, with libusb and it works perfectly :smileyhappy: after adding "adapter_khz 50" and a halt assert in the configuration script. I love linux and opensource. the source is always with me to build :smileycool:

0 Kudos
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Nick,

that is just GREAT and I thank you very much for sharing the workaround. You rock!

Best,

Monica.

0 Kudos