OTFAD--bootloader for encrypt image

fredfu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

Now I have a problem of
NXP_KINETIS_BOOTLOADER_2_0_0, I want to use encrypt image according to Kinetis
Bootloader QuadSPI User's Guide.pdf. When I send program_keys.sb to target,
data can’t be programmed completely, same issue happen in qspi_image_encrypt_0000.sb.
I try to read those keys in IFR, I can read index 0x30/0x31/0x32/0x33, but
can’t get data in index 0x20/0x21/0x22/0x23. Could you help to check the
problem? Thanks.

OTFAD1.png

OTFAD2.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fred,

The first flash access error you see when you try to send program_keys.sb file to K81 is mostly related to you are trying to program the program once field a second time.

You can see the error coding for program once command.

pastedImage_0.png

And for why you will can read back 0x30-0x33 program once field and not 0x20-0x23 program once field. Here is description from K81 RM.

The Program Once Field in the program flash erasable IFR with indexes 0x20 - 0x23 provides 16 bytes of user data storage that can be programmed using the Program Once command but cannot be read using the Read Once command. The Program Once Field in the program flash erasable IFR with indexes 0x30 - 0x33 provides 16 bytes of user data storage that can be programmed using the Program Once command and read using the Read Once command.

So what you see is normal.

Hao

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yanrong Fu,

I was wondering if you can tell what chip you use, then I can replicate the issue on the related board.

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fredfu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ping,

I used K81 and tested in TWR-K80F150M. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Fred Fu

0 Kudos

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The status kStatus_FlashAccessError means that "An invalid record index is supplied", you can check the K81 RM to see the valid record index (Table 34-19. Read Once Command FCCOB Requirements)

0 Kudos