Now that CRTouch is obsolete, is there a preferred resistive touch screen controller that integrates easily with the K60 series microcontrollers?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that CRTouch is obsolete, is there a preferred resistive touch screen controller that integrates easily with the K60 series microcontrollers?

michael_kolb
Contributor I

We are in the process of updating our K64 design to interface with a "new" resistive touch screen controller.   We are using an I2C port from the K64 to write commands/data to and read data from the touch screen controller. I have found multiple touch screen controllers that are available but I am wondering if anyone has found an easy-to integrate solution.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

There is not a direct replacement for the CRTOUCH as a ready-play solution. If you'd like to share the options you are considering I could check them. Also you may want to check if you can change to one of our MCUs that have the TSI drivers for touch sensing applications. This may be less complex and less expensive than having an additional controller in your application.

For example you can consider switching to K65, which is within the same family, so very minor changes might be made, but TSI is supported here. For a general idea of the TSI in a system you can check this application note which provides a very simple description of how it works.

If you'd like to review other options please let me know I'll be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Sabina

0 Kudos