cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to communicate using SPI1 in KW36

chintan
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using FRDM-KW36 module. I want to use the SPI1 for my Flash memory. If I use the normal code than able to communicate with Flash memory using SPI1. But if I use the BLE code and implement the SPI1 then not able to communicate with flash memory.

I have imported the Wireless UART example code from SDK(ver: 2.2.1) and than enable the pins PTA16, PTA17, PTA18, PTA19 for SPI1.

I have connected Flash memory with this pins. Also commented the PTA16 pin to work as GPIO from Board_InitLEDs() and Board_InitRGB() functions. But not able to communicate.

Please help that how can I configure the SPI1 in BLE code and able to communicate with my Flash memory.

Thank You.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chintan, I hope you're doing well!

The BLE stack makes use of the Connectivity Framework's SerialManager APIs to control serial communications, and to make sure they don't interfere with the functionality and timing requirements set by the connectivity stacks.

Could you please take a look at this document here:

Enable I2C Serial Interface in Bluetooth KW41Z Heart Rate Sensor Demo Application 

It shows how to enable and use a new instance of a serial interface using the Serial Manager APIs. Could you please try using SPI1 with this method?

Please let me know if you need any more information or if you continue to have issues.

Best regards.

Sebastian

0 Kudos

chintan
Contributor III

Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for my late response.

Now, I am able to communicate with my Flash memory using SPI1.

In BLE example code, PTA16 pin is already used for On board Green LED function. So, I have disabled all related functions and after that I am able to communicate with my Flash memory which is connected with SPI1 pins (PTA16, PTA17, PTA18, PTA19).

Thank you.

Regards,

Chintan Patel

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chintan, 

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos