Migrating from a previous version of the SDK v1 with KDS into MCUXpresso IDE SDK 2.4 (KL17z)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from a previous version of the SDK v1 with KDS into MCUXpresso IDE SDK 2.4 (KL17z)

taghoter
Contributor II

Hi,

We are trying to migrate a piece of software with had developed with SDK v.1 and old KDS for the KL17z MCU into the "new" MCUXpresso IDE with SDK 2.4.1 for the same MCU. It turns out that in the MKL17Z4.h file in the old SDK bundle some items were defined such as RFSYS_REG1, RFSYS_REG2 and so on. We were using in fact RFSYS_REG1. Right now I do not know whether that old 'MKL17Z4.h' file could be like the one found in nxp-sdk/MKL17Z4.h at master · DiUS/nxp-sdk · GitHub , where it can be seen that RFSYS_REG0, RFSYS_REG1 and so on are defined. With the 'new' version of that same file existing in SDK 2.4.1 lines like those do not appear, they seem to be mostly removed --somethig is still remaing, however, that relates to those registers-- and, moreover, I have checked that no information about those elements is given in the KL17 Sub-Family Reference Manual. The base address that is referenced both in the new and old version of the MKL17Z4.h file point to the same address, 0x40041000u, but, when looking for that address into the System Memory Map in the Manual it seems to be in the middle of a region labeled "AIPS Peripherals", and no indication about the RFSYS_REGx is given.

Therefore my questions are:

- Could there be any other reference in some other manual that mentions those RFSYS_REGx elements and that were also valid for the KL17Z --although they do not appear in the manual I've mentioned previously--?

- Are these registers substituted by some others when they are not explicitly mentioned with these same names in the manual of a specific subfamily?? They are mentioned for instance in the KL28Z subfamily but not in the KL17Z one.

Thanks in advance and greetings.

Tomás.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
5 Replies

taghoter
Contributor II

The main reason for this question was that things like "RFSYS_REG0" dissapeared from the MKL14Z4.h file in SDK 2.4.1. I am afraid I had missed something that has been made with newer versions of the SDK with some other items similarly.

The easy and short answer to my original question is that when migrating work previously done RFSYS_REG0 should be replaced with RFSYS->REG[0]. That's all.

Thanks, Jin. You placed me on track to find this out ;-)

Greetings.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tomas,

The description on System Register File is still there, in chapter 4.8 at page 62.

Please download newest SDK package from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select. The RFSYS register has been added.

Regards,

Jing 

0 Kudos

taghoter
Contributor II

Hi, Jing,

Lots of thanks for your nice and quick answer but... I'm sorry, I'm afraid I might be completely wrong. Anyway, since I am referring to the KL17, I am consulting the KL17 Sub-Family Reference Manual at https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/KL17P64M48SF6RM.pdf  and I do not see a 4.8 section inside it. The most I saw is a reference in the 4.7.2 section that states '0x4004_1000 - System register file' inside the memory map and nothing else. This same address is in the MKL17Z4.h file in a line that says "#define RFSYS_BASE  (0x40041000u)" --I have downloaded the newest SDK package as you suggest, SDK_2.x_MKL17Z256xxx4 version 2.4.1-- and there is no reference to, for instance, RFSYS_REG1 as it were in a previous version of the (old) SDK.

Since I have the impression I am consulting a wrong document for the KL17, please tell me what document should I look at, and whether I am also making something wrong when retrieving that version of the SDK.

Greetings, and thanks once again.

Tomás.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I'm sorry I read the KL17P64M48SF2RM.pdf. In KL17P64M48SF6RM.pdf, it is chapter 4.4.

In MKL17Z4.h, form line 4231 is the definition of RFSYS. I download SDK_2.4.1_MKL17Z128xxx4. But I think this file is same.

Regards,

Jing

taghoter
Contributor II

That MKL14Z4.h is the same, as you state. Anyway... I think I have got the clue of the mistery. I'll put an answer to myself here just in case someone would need it. I think it has been a mistake of myself, by the way -- I was missing something, I am afraid.

0 Kudos