Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory requirement for TSS 3.1 library.

Jump to solution
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Dear Folks,

I am developing a application using KL05Z32 (32 K flash) controller. I am using TSI module for touch input. I am configuring the TSS 3.1 library using Processor Expert , I see a very high memory consumption when i add a TSS library component from the processor expert ( around 15k). The normal IO Project ( Bit toggling ) was 1.2 Kb as soon as added the TSS component from the processor expert the code size was raised to 16.4 Kb , which is very high i find.

My questions with the above observations,

1) What is the exact memory consumption by the TSS library

2) Will more memory be consumed when we generate the code from PE

3) Are there any ways to reduce the code size for TSI ( TSS) component.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh.

1 Solution
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Suresh

Please check my comments

There is not a document that show the memory consumption, due this depend on all the features that you set for on the TSS library.

Yes

You can disable some function like the DC tracker, the noise filter, but this reduction is too small, and you will lose more features that the memory that you gain, you can use some code warrior optimization and for instance a project create with PE and just a one electrode and one led need 22 K with optimization the same project need 18 K, please check the attached code.

I hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Suresh

Please check my comments

There is not a document that show the memory consumption, due this depend on all the features that you set for on the TSS library.

Yes

You can disable some function like the DC tracker, the noise filter, but this reduction is too small, and you will lose more features that the memory that you gain, you can use some code warrior optimization and for instance a project create with PE and just a one electrode and one led need 22 K with optimization the same project need 18 K, please check the attached code.

I hope this will help you.

0 Kudos
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Dear Mr.Salazar,

As discussed previously , due to high memory consumption by the TSS library , we are looking for alternate solution .

Freescale Touch a similar library like TSS where in all the source files are available

http://www.nxp.com/search?proxystylesheet=nxp_search_style_fe&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ud=1&output=xml_no_d...

Could you provide an example that  uses code warrior and Freescale touch library for KL05Z.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Jaggal.

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Suresh

If you already install the TSS 3.1, there is a sample code for the freedom kl05 on the following folder

C:\Freescale\Freescale_TSS_3_1\examples\FRDMKLXX_DEMO\build\cw\FRDMKL05Z_DEMO

I hope this sample code help you

Regards

Vicente

0 Kudos
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Hi vincente,

I think you got my question wrong , with TSS 3.1 and KL05Z and code warrior and PE my application is running well but it is consuming very high memory.

I was looking for an alternative solution, I came accross Freescale Touch Library(http://www.nxp.com/search?proxystylesheet=nxp_search_style_fe&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ud=1&output=xml_no_d... ) which has different interface unlike TSS 3.1, So it would be helpful if you can provide an example for Freescale Touch Library V 1.1 using code warrior .

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Jaggal.

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ups sorry,

But unfortunately this library is only for KDS

sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Hello Vincente,

Can you provide an example with Freescale Touch 1.1 library for KL05Z for any of the IDE.

The examples that are available already with FT library are not getting complied in KDS.

Best regards,

Suresh Jaggal.

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Suresh

I am not in the office today, but tomorrow I will check the FT due I haven't work with this.

Have a good day.

Regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Hello Vincente,

Is there any new update on the FreeTouch Library, Can you provide the contact of the right Person for Freetouch Library.

Best Regards,

Suresh Jaggal

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I check the library and this is under KSDK, so please help me to create a new thread on the KSDK community

Regards

Vicente Gomez

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I just check the sample for the KL25 and this is around 26K, and the KL05 is not supported by the KSKD, you will need to migrate the code, please check the following thread

Re: How to use KSDK for MKL04/05 ?

Regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Hi Vincente ,

Thank you very much for your Support.

I will do so as mentioned in the thread , can you provide the sample that you developed for KL25 using FT.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Jaggal.

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This sample is installed with the KSDK, (actually if you have install the KSDK 1.3 it has included the FT on it)

The normal folder is

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmkl25z\driver_examples\tsi

Regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Hi Vicente,

Thanks for your  Support.

Please check with FT and let me know. FT solution is very crucial for me .

Regads,

Suresh.

0 Kudos
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Hello Vincente,

Thanks for your clarification.

I have already tried with KDS , but i was unsuccessful.

The PE of KDS does not support this library. The readily available examples are not getting complied in the KDS .

It would be of a great help if you can provide a basic example using this library for KL05Z any IDE.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Jaggal.

0 Kudos
sureshjaggal
Contributor III

Dear Mr.Salazar,

Thank you for your reply.

I see that 18k for a touch key recognition is too high. If that is the case then how does TSS3.1 support KL05Z ( 16k flash).

In our project we need only the touch key (8 keys) recognition without any advanced functionalities. So what are the possibilities considering memory as a constraint of using TSS.

Thanks & regards,

Suresh Jaggal.

0 Kudos