Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKW36A512VHT4R Not working interrups

Jump to solution
alisonluan
Contributor II

Hi all!

Recently I developt a board using MKW36A512VHT4R micro.

I followed demoboard FRDM-KW36 schematic, in Bypass mode (I use an LDO power supply).

So, I can run example software on my personal board, but none of the interrupts run. When I program the demoboard with the same software, it's work perfectly. Another thing that I realize is that the software can't stay in the flash: when I restart my personal board, the application was gone. In demoboard, obviously, no.

There's something that can affect the functional behavior of MCU in hardware configuration, excluding the basic things like voltage range of MCU (it's 3V3)? 

Below it's possible to see a screenshot of MCU connection. VDD its 3V3 from a LDO.

Thanks in advance.

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

1 Solution
alisonluan
Contributor II

I have found the issue: the NMI is enabled in flashoperation config register. So, my board has an input in this pin, and in the demoboard it's not used - in my board generate always NMI interrupt, not allowing the microcontroller to start haha so, it's a crazy problem... But its solved. Thanks to everyone for the help!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
alisonluan
Contributor II

I have found the issue: the NMI is enabled in flashoperation config register. So, my board has an input in this pin, and in the demoboard it's not used - in my board generate always NMI interrupt, not allowing the microcontroller to start haha so, it's a crazy problem... But its solved. Thanks to everyone for the help!

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

It's that your complete schematic? If that it's so, could you please check the FRDM-KW36 Minimum BoM Development Board User’s Guide

Regards, 

Estephania 

alisonluan
Contributor II

Hello,

It's almost my complete schematic. The "interest" parts are there. 

The only difference it's that I don't use beads (it's was a suggestion from an NXP guy) and I put the VDD_0 and VDDA in 3V3. Oh, VDD_MCU it's 3V3. 

Did you see something strange?

This is the indication of minimum BOM.

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I do not see the crystals in your schematic, also, how are you loading the firmware to your device? 

Regards, 

Estephania 

alisonluan
Contributor II

Yeah, for sure! I uploaded 3 pictures, the second and the third picture it's the crystals.

I'm loading the firmware using Multilink. The mystery's the following: I download the same application in the demo board and works! 

So, I think that's a hardware problem...

I don't discovery the problem already =(

0 Kudos