cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKV31F J-LINK erase issue

Eason_L
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm having flash erasing problem when using j-link(connect target successfully),  it happens eveytime. Please help to identify the issue thanks.

I have tried set the SWD speed to 200kHz but no difference.

Untitled (2).png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

The debug port pins default after POR to their JTAG functionality, please check that you have configured the SWD pins according to the Table 9-2. Debug port pins from reference manual.

An also I see that there is another post with the same error, could you please try its workaround?

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/Unable-to-program-the-K64-Custom-board/td-p/94...

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos

Eason_L
Contributor III

Hi,

The SWD pins are configured right. I'm trying to unlock a secured MCU from our customer but failed, below is the response. Command : connect -> unlock kinetis -> erase

Do you have another way to unlock MCU? Preferably using PE micro Cyclone.

Eason_L_0-1719907683700.png

0 Kudos

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

To unlock the device if Flash is secured follow the following steps:

Using MCUXpresso IDE to Unlock the Device

1. Verify Connections and Settings:

• Ensure that the J-Link, Multilink LC, and other debuggers are properly connected to the MK64FN1M0VLL12 MCU.
  • In MCUXpresso IDE, select the appropriate debugger (e.g., Segger J-Link) and confirm the target device settings.

2. Check Debugger Firmware:

• Update the firmware of the J-Link and Multilink LC to the latest version. Older firmware versions may lack support for certain functionalities.

3. Using J-Link Commander to Unlock:

• Open the J-Link Commander and execute the following commands:
J-Link> unlock kinetis​
  • If you encounter errors, please ensure that no other applications are using the debug interface and that the connections are stable.

Using J-Link Commander

1. Check Connections and Commands:

• Verify that the connections are secure and enter the following commands in J-Link Commander, for example:
J-Link> connect Please specify device / core. <Default>: MK64FN1M0xxx12 Type '?' for selection dialog Device>
  • After specifying the device, proceed with the command:
J-Link> unlock kinetis

2. Refer to J-Link Documentation:

• Consult the official J-Link documentation or contact Segger technical support for detailed instructions on unlocking Kinetis MCUs.

Additional Suggestions

1. Check MCU Status:

• Verify the security status of the MCU. If the status is "Secure" and factory access is denied, specific unlocking procedures may be required.
  • Ensure that mass erase is enabled and backdoor key access is disabled.
0 Kudos