Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKM35Z512's SAR-AD converter four registers

Jump to solution
jun1
Contributor V

Hi.

Why are there four SAR-AD converter registers from ADC0_SC1A to ADC0_SC1D?
Since there is only one SAR converter itself, I don't understand the intention of dividing the result register into four.
For example, I would be grateful if you could explain with an example.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jun1 ,

In some application, more than two of trig source may trig ADC simultaneously. These trig message can send to the four SC1n register. All of them will be used one by one. If there are less SC1n register, you can't have so many concurrent triggers.
At any one point in time, only one of the SC1n registers is actively controlling ADC conversions. Updating SC1A while SC1n is actively controlling a conversion is allowed, and vice-versa for any of the SC1n registers specific to this MCU. Writing SC1n while SC1n is actively controlling a conversion aborts the current conversion.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jun1 ,

In some application, more than two of trig source may trig ADC simultaneously. These trig message can send to the four SC1n register. All of them will be used one by one. If there are less SC1n register, you can't have so many concurrent triggers.
At any one point in time, only one of the SC1n registers is actively controlling ADC conversions. Updating SC1A while SC1n is actively controlling a conversion is allowed, and vice-versa for any of the SC1n registers specific to this MCU. Writing SC1n while SC1n is actively controlling a conversion aborts the current conversion.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
jun1
Contributor V

Hi.

Thank you very much. I understand.

A good day。

0 Kudos