MKL27z turns back to bootloader mode after 15 seconds

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL27z turns back to bootloader mode after 15 seconds

kicad1978
Contributor II

Hi! I've got a custom circuit with a MKL27z and it worked pretty well, until recently: it stays in application mode for pretty exactly 15 seconds (without beeing responsive) and then automatically turns back to bootloader mode. What could be the reason for this? My FOPT BYTE is 0x3D

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kicad1978
Contributor II

Hi Kerry! You are right, I forgot to add pullups for NMI_b. However, it should work even without it, since the circuit worked some days ago! Meanwhile, I didn't alter more than soldering some switches on the PCB, which shouldn't have affected the behaviour of the circuit. Neither did I alter the firmware. So, I'm abit baffled about the described behaviour, ie. the MCU changing back to bootloader mode after being pretty exactly 15 seconds in application mode.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi kicad1978,

Sorry for my later reply.

Yes, I know you don't want to modify the hardware and the software.

But in the design phase, we need to find the root problem.

Now, two ways to test it:

1. Find a official board, take an example, FRDM-KL27, you can download your code to the FRDM board, then check, whether it will also turn back to bootloader mode.

If the FRDM-kl27 also have the problem, we should check the software.

2. Try to add the external 4.7K to 10k external pull up resistor on your own designed board.

Then check whether it have the problem.

Actually, if you check our kinetis L Peripheral Module Quick Reference.pdf, page 23, you can find this description:

pastedImage_1.png

So, you can try it on your side at first.

Any updated information, just kindly let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kicad1978,

Please check your customer board, did you add external 4.7K to 10K pull up resistor in the NMI pin?

This is very important!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos