cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL03Z8VFG4,wakes VLLS3-LPTMR0 but no LLWU_F3 flag high

diegocolombo
Contributor IV

Hi

i am using this small microcontroller ,in the 16 pin QFN package. 

I wrote my code mostly at register level,for the first time no libraries-no Processor Expert,so to be better aware of registers and peripherals(and maybe to appreciate more KDS and PE for the next time).

I can successfully put the micro in VLLS3 sleep,the low measured current and the  RCM_SRS0_WAKEUPflag are confirming it(NB because of an errata mask 1N86 i need before to clear RTC time invalid flag (TIF)) .
It wakes up periodically as expected by LPTMR0 ,or by a level change on wake up pin.

In  case of wake up by pin ,i have the expected LLWU_F1 flag set.

In case of wake up by LPTMR i should expect to have LLWU_F3 MWUF0 flag set,but it  remains low,

even if i enable an LLWU interrupt or if i poll after checked the reset register flag RCM_SRS0_WAKEUPflag .

The Reference Manual states:
19.1 Chip-specific LLWU information
This device has no LLWU module wakeup source and uses the external pin inputs only
of LLWU_P4 and LLWU_P7 as wakeup source to the LLWU module. The internal
peripheral interrupt flags are connected to the platform directly.
Hence, only the following registers and fieldsare functional for this device:
• LLWU_PE2: [WUPE7] and [WUPE4]
• LLWU_F1: [WUF7] and [WUF4]
• LLWU_FILT1

does it mean that the described behavior is normal?

How can i check if LPTMR0 was the reason of wakeup from VLLS3?

Many thanks.

Diego Colombo

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Q1: In case of wake up by LPTMR i should expect to have LLWU_F3 MWUF0 flag set,but it  remains low,even if i enable an LLWU interrupt or if i poll after checked the reset register flag RCM_SRS0_WAKEUPflag .
A1: Yes. The behavior is normal.

We customized LLWU for KL03(reduced most of the registers/logics) in order to reduce area. So in KL03, only two pins are used for pin wake up (P4 and P7). Their control (enable, flag, filter) come from LLWU module. Modules like CMP, RTC and LPTIMER are still able to wake up VLLSx modes, but they don’t have extra controls from LLWU (No LLWU_ME bits. The enables and flags should be located in module their own register bank.).

You may need to check if LPTMR0 interrupt happens, so that know LPTMR0 was the reason of wakeup from VLLS3.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

三十王
Contributor I

Hi Robin:

I have a question that is similar like which Diego has asked.

My microcontroller is MKL03Z32VFG4 which doesn't have LLWU internal module wakeup source.

And the question is I don't know how to check out it was waked up by RTC from VLLS1.

Hope for your help.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check the Flag of RTC module(RTC_SR).