cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKE18F Fast Test WDOG Not Resetting During the TST High Test

Jump to solution
sean_dvorscak
Contributor III

I am trying to use the fast test mechanism for the watchdog peripheral.

I have it set up to perform the LOW byte test first and then the HIGH byte test if the LOW test passes.  The LOW test completes with no issues.  When I do the HIGH test, for some reason the watchdog does not seem to reset.  I have a while(1) after I configure the watchdog, and no matter how long I wait, it never gets unstuck.

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue since I can't find anyone with this issue yet.

Is there something special you have to do to test the HIGH byte?  Is my test failing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have debugged your code . The low and high byte testing works fine.But I find an issue,that it will enter high test again after reset.

And I add  BOARD_InitPins(); BOARD_BootClockRUN(); BOARD_InitDebugConsole(); to the project ,so that i can print debug formation.

nxf58904_1-1608715439724.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have debugged your code . The low and high byte testing works fine.But I find an issue,that it will enter high test again after reset.

And I add  BOARD_InitPins(); BOARD_BootClockRUN(); BOARD_InitDebugConsole(); to the project ,so that i can print debug formation.

nxf58904_1-1608715439724.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
sean_dvorscak
Contributor III

It was that error on my part.  It was entering the high test after I already tested it.

Thank you for noticing that.

0 Kudos
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you configure the WDOG_CS before testing?

Do you excute this statement?

config.testMode = kWDOG32_HighByteTest;

nxf58904_0-1608540217466.png

The sdk pack has a watch dog test about byte testing. It tests low byte and high byte.

You can refer this example code that you can download from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
sean_dvorscak
Contributor III

Hello,

Yes I set the TST field to 0b11 after the low byte test.

I attached the procedure that I am doing.  I just stuck this inside system_MKE18F16.c file.  This is performed before main, is there issues with doing that?  Should I set the update field to allow for reconfiguration?

0 Kudos