MK66FN2MOVLQ18 microcontroller is powered up with 3.3 Volts, Now if i will check voltage @ Vcc pins of controller it shows 3.3 volts that's fine but, if will check voltage @ GPIO Pins it shows only 1.2 Volts. So is it correct voltage @GPIO??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK66FN2MOVLQ18 microcontroller is powered up with 3.3 Volts, Now if i will check voltage @ Vcc pins of controller it shows 3.3 volts that's fine but, if will check voltage @ GPIO Pins it shows only 1.2 Volts. So is it correct voltage @GPIO??

dmstek_kishor
Contributor I

In my design i have used MK66FN2MOVLQ18 controller, & this controller is powered up with 3.3 Volts.Now if i will check voltage @ Vcc pins of controller it shows 3.3 Volts which is correct. But if i will check voltage @ GPIO pins it shows only 1.2 Volts. So is 1.2 Volts @ GPIO is correct value?? & JTAG Interface pins JTAG TMS & Reset & EZP CS pins shows 3.3 Volts. so is there problem in controller power??

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. 

Could you please confirm how you are initializing your GPIO pins in addition to what pin you are measuring?

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

dmstek_kishor
Contributor I

Dear Sabina,

Thank you for your support. & Yet we have not initialized GPIO's, still it showing above voltage values @ GPIO's of PORT E i.e PTE8, PTE9, PTE10, PTE11. So could you please guide us with appropriate method of initialising GPIO's. & One more question i.e. As we have not initialized  GPIO's, so the voltage value of 1.2 @ GPIO is it correct??

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

No, the 1.2 voltage is higher than it should be if there is nothing programmed. I have tested this with our freedom board by doing a mass erase. The voltage on those pins ranges between 0 and 5mV.

I recommend that you do a mass erase and try to test the pins again.

As for intializing the GPIO, I recommend downloading the SDK from our website, which has multiple examples that can show you how to to the proper setup for these pins.

In addition, you can check chapter 63 of the reference manual for further information.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

dmstek_kishor
Contributor I

Dear Sabina,

Thank you for your reply. Now we have tried to do mass erase through J-link (SWD interface), But there is error in mass erase, so is it hardware issue or still software can resolve this issue?

0 Kudos

dmstek_kishor
Contributor I

My team says NXP MK66FN2MOVLQ18 IC is locked? So if this is the case then how can we unlock that IC? Please suggest solution.

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kishor,

In the case that it is locked I recommend to follow the steps in the next article. The microcontroller is different but the steps are the same.

Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power | MCU on Eclipse 

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos