cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK64 default output at reset

Jump to solution
roymessinger
Contributor V

What is the default state of the outputs of the cobtroller immidiately after reset?

Do i need to put pull up/pull down on board?Regarding inputs, do i need to place pull up/pull down on inputs (or outputs) not used?

I've looked in the data sheet but probabely missed it.

Any help will do.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
egoodii
Senior Contributor III

The 'reset state' of all control registers is called out in the Reference Manual, including the 'pin mux' table, but the general statement is: 'reset state is the safest possible for any possible interconnect'.  That is, analog-in-capable pins will default to said analog-in mode, and digital pins will default to input, most with 'no pull'.

So yes, by-and-large anything you need to have as a 'known state' during/just-after reset will need your own external pull-resistors.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Roy,

Some special function pins need take care. For exmaple: Reset_b\ NMI_b\ VREF_OUT\ JTAG_TMS

I recommend you read the "Chapter 2 General System Setup (Hardware Considerations)" of KQRUG.

General System Setup (Hardware Considerations).png

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos
egoodii
Senior Contributor III

The 'reset state' of all control registers is called out in the Reference Manual, including the 'pin mux' table, but the general statement is: 'reset state is the safest possible for any possible interconnect'.  That is, analog-in-capable pins will default to said analog-in mode, and digital pins will default to input, most with 'no pull'.

So yes, by-and-large anything you need to have as a 'known state' during/just-after reset will need your own external pull-resistors.

0 Kudos