cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK22FX512xx12 Controller gets heated/fails during CE Test

hemant2007
Contributor I

Hi

I am using mk22fx512xxx12 controller, working on 3.3v.

System gets 5V as input, then in my board I have NOT used any isolation and converted it to 3.3V using LDO IC LP38690-3.3V also 12V is generated from 3.3V using dc to dc converter IC LMR61428.

This design works well as expected on table.

Now when taking EFT test (part of CE test) (in this we apply noise on power line ), my unit (which has analog and digital circuit) works well till 5 to 10 minutes Then suddenly MK22FX512xxx12 gets heated (very very hot) and draws current greater then 1.5A. Next if I replace controller with another on same system then system works ok.

I don't know why this is happening, this is repeated 3 times till now among 7 board we have assembled.

Also

I find this interesting because we are using same controller on different products but i have NOT found same problem there.

What is problem in this design???

Any Suggestions????

I have also repeated the tests by placing "toroid" at input of power supply on my board.

Any help from you people is highly appreciated....

Please feel free to ask any further inputs from my side, if any...

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

hemant2007
Contributor I

Thanks Pedro Vicente Gomez Salazar!!!

Your links to application note are good.

The problem is resolved now.

0 Kudos

hemant2007
Contributor I

I have also repeated the tests by placing "toroid" at input of power supply on my board.

but NO Improvements..

Can u please suggest how do I choose toroid if that is solution??

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hemant

If you repeat the test with the new device, it pasts the test?

What package are you using, if you are using the QFP package please check if on the failed board there is any solder issue like a open pin or solder short, if you have the MAPBGA package this is more complicate, you need to perform a x-ray inspection.

Also you can check the application note

AN2321

AN2764

Have a great day,
Vicente

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos