MCUs with high speed UARTs at 1/2/5 Mbps?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUs with high speed UARTs at 1/2/5 Mbps?

paulschoenke
Contributor III

Hello:

I am working on a new project, and I’m looking migrate to CAN networking for our internal platform communication from I2C. I expect that this will allow for more robust communications between circuit boards in our system as we can have some longer cables and have had some difficulty with I2C in the past.

I’ve seen in the CAN portfolio of transceivers from NXP that there are some high speed devices that can communicate at 1/2/5 Mbps rates!  We’re using Kinetis MCUs right now, but I don’t think that the UARTs on these MCUs can work at those speeds.  What MCUs or processors are typically used that would allow communication at these high speeds?

Any feedback or input is welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks again!

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Kinetis 100MHz product UART0 and UART1 module is using system clock could communicate with up to 6.25Mbps.

Customer also could consider the SPI module, which SPI clock could up to 30MHz.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos