cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker Questions: emWIN (v.6.10) and IAR 7.80.4

Jump to solution
lsrbigfoot
Contributor III

Has anyone compiled emWin 6.10 library (emWin_M4F.a) with an IAR EWARM 7.80.4 project and got "Warning[Lt009]: Inconsistent wchar_t"? Is this overall a real issue? Or should this warning be generally ignored?

Next, what emWin version(s) are compatible with IAR EWARM 7.80.4? Is there an AppWizard available for those version(s)?

Also, I am a little concerned about the linker definitions to use for IAR 7.80.4 over emWin.
In most cases I have to use the below linker statement to avoid linker "Error[Lp049]: there was no reference to __iar_data_init3s":

"do not initialize { readwrite };"

Will the above linker statement negatively impact the linking of emWin library file?

Does emWin library source (used to build .a library file) contain globals with non-zero initializations?

(example)

int library_global1;
int library_global2 = non_zero_value;

int library_global3;

1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi lsrbigfoot,

Please try my attached emwin lib with the IAR 8.x.

If you still have issues, I suggest you can download some RT SDK, and select the emwin middleware, and use that emwin directly.

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Although it is not the Kinetis, but you also can refer to it, just you need to try IAR8.X.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lsrbigfoot
Contributor III

... never mind.

After looking at release notes for emWin to see differences between 5.38 and 6.10, I'll resort to upgrading to a newer IAR EWARM 8.xx version.

lsrbigfoot
Contributor III

Thanks,

I was originally using the emWin library files under latest available SDK build: SDK_2.7.0_FRDM-K22F

Using your advise, I was able to create older SDK build that barely predated IAR v.8.11: SDK_2.2.0_FRDM-K22F

The example emwin project under SDK_2.2.0_FRDM-K22F compiled with IAR 7.80.4 without any issues (i.e. no Lt009 warnings).

I will try this with my custom project to see if I run into any Lp049 errors. I am most concerned with r/w variables marked 'inited'. (attached .map file from demo project)

For SDK_2.2.0_FRDM-K22F, I see thatThe emWin Library version is 5.38.

Does an AppWizard tool exist for 5.38?

Or, what issues will I run into if I use code generated by AppWizard 6.10 on an MCU target with emWin library 5.38?

0 Kudos
lsrbigfoot
Contributor III

At the moment I'm using the K22 series:  MK22FX512AVLQ12

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi lsrbigfoot,

Please try my attached emwin lib with the IAR 8.x.

If you still have issues, I suggest you can download some RT SDK, and select the emwin middleware, and use that emwin directly.

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Although it is not the Kinetis, but you also can refer to it, just you need to try IAR8.X.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi lsrbigfoot ,

Which detail kinethis chip you are using?.

Please tell me to your kinetis chip partnumber.

Then I will help you to check the related emwin situation.

Waiting for your updated information.

Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos