cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K22: IAR Workbench with P&E Multilink fails to download code

s_l_
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I'm trying now for hours to get the P&E Multilink Universal FX to work within IAR for ARM 7.40.

If I use JTAG mode, I always get the message 'Failed to initialize PEMicro interface dll. Session aborted!'. Same same with the onboard OpenSDA-Debugger of the FRDM-K22F board.

Using SWD mode the debugging mode starts, but I have no control. The devices runs automatically and if setting breakpoints I get 'Failed to set breakpoint: Target busy.'

But within Kinetis Design Studio both of the debuggers are working... Has anyone of you a hint, how to get the combination IAR/PEMicro to work?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi S.L.

If you use the IAR7.4 and the PE multilink univeral on the FRDM-K22 board, you should use the SWD interface, please configure your IAR like this:

86.jpg

87.jpg

88.jpg

But if you choose the OPENSDA in the FRDM-K22 bord, you should choose the CMSIS-DAP, not the PE opensda, because the debugger on this board is OPENSDA V2.1, it is the CMSIS-DAP.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

s_l_
Contributor II

Hi Jingjing Zhou,

unfortunately I tried all variants and your tip doesn't help at the moment. If I choose PEMicro USB Multilink (FX) with SWD, the app is transfered to the target but starts automatically.

Unbenannt.PNG

If I break the session it shows like this:

Unbenannt2.PNG

It seems that the debugger can't control the target...

If I choose CMSIS-DAP I get the message: 'Fatal error: Probe not found     Session aborted'

I don't know where to look next to fix this problem...

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi S.L.

If in your convenient, could you send me your project, I will help you to check your project configuration on my side.

Waiting for you reply

Best Regards,

Jingjing

0 Kudos

s_l_
Contributor II

Hi Jingjing,

sry for late replay. Thanks for your offer. But there's nothing special about the project. I created a new project, added the K22 device within options and copied the CMSIS sin-cos example as code.

In the meantime I found a combination thats works:

I was flashing the Freedom-Board-Debugger with the J-Link firmware and with that everything works fine!

Now I think I have some issues with drivers, firmware etc of the PEmicro debugger. Will let you know once I found the bug!

Thanks and have a nice day!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi S.L.

OK, waiting for your reply!

If you use the external PEmicro debugger, please also check the debug interface, whether it is compatible with FRDM board SWD interface.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos