Kinetis Design Studio - Stop taking focus after compile complete

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio - Stop taking focus after compile complete

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

I have a large project that takes about 20 seconds to compile (i7-8700K 3.7Ghz with 2GB/s PCIe SSD), so I go off and do some work while its building the project and KDS decides to take focus when its complete so what ever i was typing is not happening in KDS in the middle of my code... 

How do I stop it KDS taking focus after compile complete? even after the debug is programmed? I tried a few things in preferences but cant seem to find the right thing.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

this is not hte case on my side. You mean editing something inside Eclipse, correct?

I can edit things while it compiles and it does not take fokus.

Could it be that you have a very special post-build action which does this?

Or can you provide more details what you actually mean?

Thanks,

Erich

0 Kudos

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

When I am using another program i.e. writing an email, googling, writing documents. Anything outside of KDS and it decides it will take control of windows and take focus from what I was doing.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carl,

I don't see that on my side (Windows 10). So it might be some setting in our OS (no clue where to configure something like this) or a setting in Eclipse I'm not aware of. Does it happen as well in a new workspace? In that case it is most likely your host OS doing that?

Erich

0 Kudos

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

It also takes focus when a break point is hit. Its really frustrating having a program think its so important it can just take focus when ever something happens.

0 Kudos