Kinetics KEAZ64 : Not able to secure it by editinh flash security bits

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetics KEAZ64 : Not able to secure it by editinh flash security bits

virendrakumar
Contributor I

I am using P&E Cyclone to flash the motorola S record file then writing 0xFF into the 0x40C address to secure it.

However even after this when I am reading back the content I am seeing the 0x40C is still 0xFE .Due to which it is still unsecure.

And somehow it also not allowing to write 0xFF into 0x40E location.

Need help!!!!.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Virendra Kumar,

Do you just modify the .srec file directly?

As you know, the .srec file each address data frame also have the checksum byte, so if you just modify the flash address data in the .srec, it is not enough.

I think you can modify the flash configuration filed in your source code.

Beside, when you use the P&E cyclone to flash the chip, you aldo select the SD; secure Device:

pastedImage_1.png

Please try it again.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vitaliharudka
Contributor II

Hello. I have a same problem. I have keazn64 mcu and j-link segger for debuging. I try to secure mcu by editiing startup_SKEAZN642.S file like this. 

.section .FlashConfig, "a"
    .long 0xFFFFFFFF
    .long 0xFFFFFFFF
    .long 0xFFFFFFFF
    .long 0xFFFFFF87‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

But secure bits in 0x40E stay unchangeable (0xFE) and flash can be readed via SWD. How i should do it?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi VITALI HARUDKA,

Please createn the new question case about your case, if you want I provide service for you , you can write assign to kerry zhou in your question post, then I will help you in your own question post.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos