cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW36 flexNVM EEPROM not working

abhitippanna
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to use FlexNVM EEPROM functionality of KW36 & I'm trying the example in SDK "FlexNVM_EEPROM" for testing. However, the example does not seem to run on the go & I'm getting following error on debug -

There is no available EEprom (FlexNVM) on this Device by default.

I have not made any changes in the example code. I found that error is observed for flash_command_sequence function & further in that after following call is executed, I am getting flash access error.

callFlashRunCommand((FTFx_REG8_ACCESS_TYPE)(&FTFx->FSTAT));

Can you please help me with this issue.

Some relevant information : 

- I am testing on freedom board FRDM KW36

- MCUxpresso IDE 11.2.1

- SDK version 2.2.6

Thanks in advance,

Abhijeet

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I test the sdk. It doesn't work. I refer the other mcu's eeprom finding that this sdk may has some problems. I modify the example. You can use the attachment to test. By the way, this program is built by mcuxpresso 11.3. I am not sure if it will work on 11.2. This is the result.

3.PNG

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

abhitippanna
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

I tried your example both on MCUXpresso 11.2 & latest 11.3 with latest SDK 2.2.7, but I got the same error. 

abhitippanna_0-1612268425946.png

Between, before trying this EEPROM example, I was testing OTAP client example with internal flash as file storage. So, is it possible that flash configuration is unable to be overwritten?

I also tried with mass erase but to no avail. 

Thanks in advance,

Abhijeet

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Before you do this test, you should do full chip erase, or this may failed. I used IAR to erase the memory. You can have a try.  

122.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos