KW2X-how to see the zigBee network topology?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW2X-how to see the zigBee network topology?

daysgreen
Contributor II

hello!

Now I am using the freescale TWR - KW24D512 ZigBee development platform for product development. After the network form, I want to see the network topology structure, my question is how to see the network topology?Need any other hardware platform or software platform, such as USB - KW24D512, Test Tool, or sniffer support?

Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

The codebase itself would dictate the network’s topology indeed. For instance, ZigBee Pro (BeeStack) uses mesh routing. If what you would like to see is how the nodes are actually linked together you could infer that from the way you are joining them to the network or use a tool to find it out.

You could use a sniffer to monitor and analyze the network’s activity and thus check the actual structure of it. One option is the MC1322xUSB dongle which could be used as a sniffer along with a network analyzer program such as Wireshark or Ubilogix Ubiqua. I ignore whether the wireshark shows the actual structure of the network or not, but Ubiqua does have a graphic representation of the nodes in the network and its relationship.  USB-KW24 could also be used as a sniffer device but its support in Ubiqua is still to be added.

I hope this helps.

Angel

daysgreen
Contributor II

It's useful!

thank you!

0 Kudos