cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW20 ZigBee MCU

Jump to solution
rabbit
Contributor III

Check the datasheet for KW20 ZigBee MCU, it is exciting MCU. When will this MCU release to market?

Software development tools?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rabbit,

I am sorry, I don't have all the KW20 enabling details about compilers that will be supported, IAR for sure. And the development tools (Beekit) will be similar to the existing RF products with new features. Zigbee stack is provided as a library like the actual distributions.

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rabbit.

It is scheduled to be launched  in Q1/2014. Tools will be available then.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
rabbit
Contributor III

The debugging tools is Code Warrior / IAR workbench?

The RF tools is similar with MC12311?

ZigBee stack is in source code or library?

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rabbit,

I am sorry, I don't have all the KW20 enabling details about compilers that will be supported, IAR for sure. And the development tools (Beekit) will be similar to the existing RF products with new features. Zigbee stack is provided as a library like the actual distributions.

Luis

0 Kudos
rabbit
Contributor III

Hi Luis,

Two questions:

1. Free software Tool: IAR free version is 32K, Freescale CW frees version is 128K, how big is the ZigBee stack size? can I use CW free version? Or other free compiler?
  2. ZigBee repeater: if I have application which require more than 200 meter in room range, I believe the repeater will be required, is the ZigBee stack has this feature?

Regards

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rabbit,

It depends on the Zigbee profile and the type of device you are implementing (Coordinator, Router, end device,..)

1. Only IAR compiler is supported right now for KW family. Zigbee  is a relatively heavy stack.  A coordinator implementation can be around 130K, the same for a router, 100K for end device.
  2. Router does this function in the Zigbee network. Routers manage the communications between Coordinator and end devices.

MAC 802.15.4 or SMAC need less flash to work. But of course, it doesn't include the Zigbee functionality.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
rabbit
Contributor III

You mean Code Warrior (have license )doesn't support KW family?  When will implement the KW family to Code Warrior?

How is about the IDE software tool for this ZigBee MCU  MC13224V?

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am not sure if there is any plan to support CW for KW family. CW is supported in the Zigbee devices based on S08 core.

For the ARM7 core devices, only IAR is supported.

Luis

0 Kudos
rabbit
Contributor III

Hi Luis,

It is great that KW2X is released. A few questions related to it.

1. DSP capabilities: is the DSP function (such as FFT) implemented by software library? and is this library come with compiler?

2.Tools: which version of IAR ARM workbench is for current ZigBee stack?

2.Startup kit: it is a network as ZigBee application, that means it should be at least three device( one Coordinator, two End device).  Any recommendation for Startup kit?

Sam

0 Kudos