cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM34Z50M connection with MC13226

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hello all,

I am trying to connect the MC13226 ZigBee device with the KM34Z50M TWR. The purpose is to transmit data received by the TWR to the MC. As per my understanding, the communication pins are 12 and 13 on the J10 of TWR and 17,18 on the GPIO(J2) of MC. Is this correct?

P.S. The data received by the TWR is by SPI communication pins. 

How should we program the MCU so that the communication channel is setup?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Harish Venkatachalam

15 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please refer below SPI connection:

TWR-KM34Z50M     <============>     MC13226

J10-20 SPI1_SS                                         Pin 30 SPI_SS

J10-19 SPI1_SCK                                      Pin 27 SPI_SCK

J10-17 SPI1_MOSI                                    Pin 29 SPI_MISO

J10-18 SPI1_MISO                                    Pin 28 SPI_MOSI                 

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hello Hui,

Thanks for replying.

The SPI pins of my TWR are already connected with an external Cirrus Logic CDB5480. The TWR receives data from the CDB and send the same data to the MC. Since the SPI pins of TWR are already being used, what should be the pin connection between the TWR and MC?

Regards,

Harish Venkatachalam

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MC13226 with I2C module, customer can use KM34 I2C communication with MC13226 chip.

TWR-KM34Z50M     <==============>     MC13226

J10-15 I2C0_SDA                                          Pin21 I2C_SDA

J10-16 I2C0_SCL                                           Pin22 I2C_SCL

For the TWR-KM34Z50M I2C0 module default connects with on chip I2C EEPROM chip, customer need to set TWR-KM34Z50M S1 (7-14, 8-13) in OFF status.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hi Hui,

Thanks for the response.

Now I am trying to setup the I2C communication between the MCU and MC13226.

I have a few concerns:

1. How do I get to know which GPIO corresponds to which number as no pin numbers are given on the board.

example: Pin 21 is I2C_SDA (as per data sheet); but how would I know which is the corresponding physical pin on board.

2. I am trying to transmit a hard-coded value from MCU to MC13226 but unable to verify the same.

I am programming the MC13226 such that whenever any data is received, one of the 4 LEDs will glow. But for some reasons MC13226 is not responding as desired.

The data being transmitted to MC13226 is unsigned integer of 8-bits.

Could you please suggest any reason, or any setting we need to take care of?

Regards

Harish Venkatachalam

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you let me know which board you are using for MC13226?

1> The reference manual of MC13226 shows that pin function info: Pin21 I2C_SDA and Pin22 I2C_SCL. It need to check MC13226 board schematics to find related connection info.

2> First of all, it need to check if the I2C connection is correct with related boards. Then there also need to check the I2C software, if the I2C master(KM34) sent the correct slave address info and if MC13226 could ACK that signal.

I would recommend customer to check the hardware connection at first.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hi,

The board being used is 1322X - SRB.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I checked 1322X-SRB board schematics, the I2C_SDA at board J2-22; I2C_SCL at J2-21.

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hi Hui,

I have connected the corresponding I2C pins of the TWR and the MC. The question now is - what is the slave address of the MC13226? Since this address is needed to setup the connection between the Master TWR and the slave MC13226. I looked through the MC1322x manual, but nothing was given about how to find the slave address of a device.

Once again thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harish,

MC13226 I2C slave address could be set at I2C Address Register (I2CADR).

More detailed info, please check MC1322x Reference Manual chapter 14.8.1:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/rf_if/doc/ref_manual/MC1322xRM.pdf

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hello Hui,

Is it possible to display the data being transmitted from the MCU using I2C communication on the on-board LCD?

If yes, how?

If no, which device can be used to display the same?

Regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harish,

If you mean display data at 1322X-NCB board LCD?

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hi Hui,

Can the data be displayed at both the transmitting KM34Z50M and the receiving MC1322X board?

If so, how can it be done?

Regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harish,

You can display data at both boards.

About how to display data at TWR-KM34Z50M board, I would recommend you to refer [TWR-KM34Z50M Tower card E-meter Demo SW ] software, which provides LCD demo project.

About display data at 1322X-NCB board, please refer BeeKit Wireless Connectivity ToolKit Rev 3.0.2.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hi Hui,

Is there a demo program which can be burnt onto the TWR MCU which will setup an I2C communication ?

How to verify the same?

Regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harish,

You could find a KM34 I2C example demo with [Kinetis M bare-metal drivers and software examples installation file] from below link:

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=KMSWDRVAPIRM_SW&location=null&Parent_nodeId=134851...

If you could not open that link address, you could find below KM3x webpage and download that software from below picture indicated position:

KM3x |Kinetis KM3x LCD MCUs|Freescale|Freescale

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos