cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL82 hangs at BOARD_ClockInit()

Jump to solution
deenewcum
Contributor II

I was using the FRDM-KL82Z, and things worked well. I moved to a custom PCB using the same MCU, and now several projects hang when BOARD_ClockInit() is called during initialization. The board works for simple GPIO, so I know the board works generally. Any idea what's making it hang at BOARD_ClockInit()?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dee,

It seems you are not using the KSDK2.2_FRDM-KL82Z.

What the code you are writing in your BOARD_ClockInit() function?

Please check whether you are change the clock mode to external crystal in the code?

If your board don't have the external oscillator, you need to use the chip internal IRC, the chip is start up from the internal IRC in default. So, you can comment the code which changes the clock mode .

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
deenewcum
Contributor II

Apparently our board has no external oscillator.  Is it possible to operate without an external oscillator?

How do I change the code to configure it for crystal-less operation?

Attached is an image of where it's getting stuck in an infinite loop.NXP_Community.png

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dee,

It seems you are not using the KSDK2.2_FRDM-KL82Z.

What the code you are writing in your BOARD_ClockInit() function?

Please check whether you are change the clock mode to external crystal in the code?

If your board don't have the external oscillator, you need to use the chip internal IRC, the chip is start up from the internal IRC in default. So, you can comment the code which changes the clock mode .

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
deenewcum
Contributor II

Thanks, that helped a lot!

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dee Newcum,

Please debug your custom board, when it is stopping, give me a screen shoot, I need to see where it is stopping in the code.

I think it is relate to the external crystal, you also can check your crystal circuit, whether it is oscillating? Whether you are using the same crystal frequency as the FRDM-KL82Z.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry