您的意思是: 
已解决

KL03z Runs slower wi KDS

跳至解决方案
1,161 次查看
Msanad
Contributor II

Hello,

I built a project with KL03z board using MCUXpresso IDE, now I have to migrate to KDS. I encountered some problems during the process, so I decided to build from scratch and troubleshoot step by step.
One major problem is that the processor seems to run at a lower frequency ( I used the same TPM configuration btw) and this damages the functionality of the project. There is at least 7 microseconds between two flags when the TPM handler has nothing to do but clear the flag and toggle a pin. If I have more instructions that must be done between two flags this period grows longer.

So, I used the following function ( no TPM used) to toggle a pin an check the frequency with an oscilloscope ;

void delay( unsigned int time_del)
{
time_del *= X;

while (time_del--)
     {
        ;
     }
}

While using MCUXpresso, the value X is around 4.35 to count a million in one second, while in KDS I had to reduce it to 0.7 which is almost 6 times slower than the previuos case.
I thought maybe it's running in VLPR mode ( I think it doesn't switch from Normal Run unless configuered otherwise) and tried to disable other power modes and had no improvement.

Surely I'm missing something but I can't figure out what it is, so any sort of help would be highly appreciated

MSanad

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
1 解答
1,106 次查看
Msanad
Contributor II

Hi @ErichStyger 

Thank you for your reply, your answers are of a  great help, and sorry for late reply I just went back to lab.
I tried 'volatile' but that didn't seem to be the source of my problem.
After some invistigation I found my mistake, I just had to select the "HIRC clock" as the main clock. 

In MCUXpresso there was the function " BOARD_BootClockRUN();" which did the job.
Without using processor expert in KDS, seems the board selects a lower frequency clock. So, Just typed down:
MCG -> MC |= MCG_MC_HIRCEN(1); 
MCG -> C1   = MCG_C1_CLKS(0) ;

and it all went well

在原帖中查看解决方案

3 回复数
1,131 次查看
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @Msanad ,

I'm not sure if the code piece you gave here is real or not.

If this is real code, then no wonder that you see a huge difference. And you really never (never!) should write such a thing. Because the compiler simply can optimize it away. If you really want to keep it in place, use 'volatile' for it.

In essence to your question: KDS has an older gcc compiler, while the one in MCUXpresso is newer and optimizes a bit more. But if your turn on optimizations (e.g. -O3) for KDS, you will see the same.

I hope this helps.

Erich

1,107 次查看
Msanad
Contributor II

Hi @ErichStyger 

Thank you for your reply, your answers are of a  great help, and sorry for late reply I just went back to lab.
I tried 'volatile' but that didn't seem to be the source of my problem.
After some invistigation I found my mistake, I just had to select the "HIRC clock" as the main clock. 

In MCUXpresso there was the function " BOARD_BootClockRUN();" which did the job.
Without using processor expert in KDS, seems the board selects a lower frequency clock. So, Just typed down:
MCG -> MC |= MCG_MC_HIRCEN(1); 
MCG -> C1   = MCG_C1_CLKS(0) ;

and it all went well

1,140 次查看
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, the KDS IDE is no longer supported, the new IDE is MCUXpresso. I apologize if this may cause an inconvenience.

Best regards,
Pavel