cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE02: Error downloading to the device

Ardoster
Contributor III

Hi

Maybe you can help me: I'm using the Kinetis KE02Z64VLC2 and a PE-MICRO debugger in Kinetis Design Studio 2.0.0, in Windows 7. I'm trying to debug but every time I try to load the program, I receive an error "PE-ERROR: Error downloading to the device".

This is the complete log:

P&E GDB Server, Version 5.13.02.00

Copyright 2014, P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc, All rights reserved

Loading library C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_1.1.8.201411191655\win32\gdi\unit_ngs_arm_internal.dll ... Done.

Command line arguments: -device=KE02Z64M2 -startserver -singlesession -serverport=7224 -interface=USBMULTILINK -speed=5000 -port=USB1 -USE_CYCLONEPRO_RELAYS=0 -FORCE_MASS_ERASE=0

Device selected is ke02z64m2

User Specified Hardware Selection : Interface=USBMULTILINK and Port=USB1

Connecting to target.

P&E Interface detected - Flash Version 6.10

Device is KE02Z64M2.

Mode is In-Circuit Debug.

'Kinetis' is a registered trademark of Freescale.

(C)opyright 2012, P&E Microcomputer Systems, Inc. (www.pemicro.com)

API version is 101

Server running on 127.0.0.1:7224

Connection from "127.0.0.1" via 127.0.0.1

Copyright 2012 P&E Microcomputer Systems,Inc.

Command Line :C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_1.1.8.201411191655\win32\pegdbserver_console -device=KE02Z64M2 -startserver -singlesession -serverport=7224 -interface=USBMULTILINK -speed=5000 -port=USB1 -USE_CYCLONEPRO_

CMD>RE

Initializing.

Target has been RESET and is active.

CMD>CM C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_1.1.8.201411191655\win32\gdi\P&E\ke02z64m2_pflash_eeprom_pipeline.arp

Initializing.

Initialized.

;version 1.03, 02/07/2014, Copyright P&E Microcomputer Systems, www.pemicro.com [ke_64k_pflash_dflash_ftmrh_m0]

;device freescale, ke02z64m2, desc=pflash_eeprom_pipeline

;begin_cs device=$00000000, length=$10000100, ram=$20000000

Loading programming algorithm ...

Error! Enabling module timed out.

Error enabling module just selected.

Error loading programming algorithm - load aborted.

Error occured during Flash programming.

PE-ERROR: Error downloading to the device.

Looks like the CPU is being erased, but unable to load the program. Any idea about what could be happening?

Thanks in advance

Eduardo

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

johnbeale
Contributor II

I had this error message, and found out that KDS can also do this if you set the wrong processor type.  I tried to program a MKL16Z32VFT4 while the PEMicro was configured for MKL16Z128VFT4 and got this error:

Loading programming algorithm ...

Error! Enabling module timed out.

Error enabling module just selected.

Error loading programming algorithm - load aborted.

Error occured during Flash programming.

PE-ERROR: Error downloading to the device.

I was surprised because with some other systems I have used, the programmer would read out the processor type first and give a useful error message if it did not match the expected type, rather than simply "failure to communicate".

0 Kudos

takaoyamada
Contributor IV

Greetings,

Are you using a custom board, or are you using one of the Freedom boards? I just tested on the Freedom board with exact same setup and had no issues programming the chip.

The place where the programming errors out indicates a communication failure. Within debug configurations, you should try lowering the debug shift frequency to improve communication stability.

If you have a custom board or custom middle-hardware like custom ribbon cables, adapter, reset circuitry, watchdog, or system bus chip then you may need to modify the debug configurations by adding reset delay or further lowering your debug shift frequency.

Takao Yamada
P&E Microcomputer Systems

0 Kudos

Ardoster
Contributor III

Hi

Thanks for your reply and sorry the delay. Finally I switched to a KL05 processor. I know this is not a solution, but I hadn't more time to find the problem with the KL02 processor.

thanks again

0 Kudos