Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KBOOT to download code to QSPI

fredfu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I have a question of below flow chart(at page 4 of Kinetis Bootloader QuadSPI User’s Guide.pdf), KBOOT will check QCB at 0x68000000, if yes, then will configure QuadSPI using QCB from base address of QSPI(0X68000000). In TWR-K80F150M, I try to run the process according to the pdf file, I found MCU would enter to ROM BOOT and can’t run application in QSPI FLASH. I checked the TWR, then connected pin2-3 in J21, and pressed RESET button and Power-on, then release RESET button, MCU will run application in QSPI. I think there is implied condition QSPI must be ready before MCU start to run,right? Thanks.

qspi boot.png

Best Regards,

Fred Fu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fred,

I just completed the steps to program an image for QuadSPI via KBOOT inside K80. It can work without problem either with board POR or I press RESET button for manual reset. It did not have the problem you mentioned.

Hao

0 Kudos

fredfu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hao,

Today I got one board from marketing, I found it has no the problem. Maybe it is related to board.

Best Regards,

Fred Fu

0 Kudos

cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fred,

When you say it entered BOOTROM code, do you mean you can use blhost tool to talk with it? For example, when you execute the following command, you see correct response instead of ping failure?

blhost.exe -p COMxx -- get-property 1

Also, for the following description, I suppose when you press RESET button and power on tower board, the OPENSDA MCU will enter BOOTLOADER mode. So how do you power K80 tower board in this case?

I checked the TWR, then connected pin2-3 in J21, and pressed RESET button and Power-on, then release RESET button, MCU will run application in QSPI.

Hao

0 Kudos

fredfu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hao,

Right, When I programmed image to MCU, then repower TWR, MCU will enter to KBOOT mode again, don't run application, I can use blhost tool to talk with MCU. I changed the reset jump pins, OPENSDA don't enter BOOTLOADER mode.

Best Regards,

Fred Fu

0 Kudos