cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K81 QSPI Problem

Jump to solution
chailiming
Contributor II
Hello, we encountered the following problems when testing QSPI FLASH using the SDK supporting the K81 development board:
Development environment: IAR8.32.1
Test routine: SDK_2.2_TWR-K81F150M\boards\twrk81f150m\driver_examples\qspi\polling_transfer
The polling_transfer routine is to write the data of a sector from the flash base address FSL_FEATURE_QSPI_AMBA_BASE (0x68000000U), and then read the data from this address, compare, and judge whether the read data is equal to the written data.
Problem: The routine code has not been modified. After the code is downloaded, the test found that the read data and the written data are not equal, and then IAR SWD debugging found that when writing or erasing flash data, the first two bytes of each flash page are cc cc, theoretically all ff after erasing flash, cc shouldn't appear. After writing the data, the cc in the flash still exists, resulting in the wrong data being read.
Guess: I guess there may be a problem with the flash configuration. One is the LUT table and the other is the qspi_flash_config_t structure. Since we have not used QSPI before, we don't know how to modify it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chailiming
Contributor II

Hi Kerry

My Test Board is TWR-POS-K81,  the QSPI Flash is  MT25TL512HBA8E12-0SIT.

Could help test SDK_2.5.0_TWR-K81F150M, Demo on TWR-POS-K81.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi chailiming,

Seems the reply edit has issues, I share you my test result on this reply.

28.jpg29.jpg

Seems your post is misoperated as the solved item, please ignore it, and we still can discuss it, if you can, you can delete the solved item.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi chailiming,

Your SDK version is a little old, now the K81 newest SDK is SDK_2.5.0_TWR-K81F150M.

Could you please tell me which board you are test now? And your external QSPI flash partnumber?

I test the SDK_2.5.0_TWR-K81F150M\boards\twrk81f150m\driver_examples\qspi\polling_transfer on my TWR-K80 board, the qspi is:

MX25U3235FZNI

The erase works OK.

0 Kudos
chailiming
Contributor II

Hi Kerry

thanks for your support, My Test Board is TWR-K81F150M,  the QSPI Flash is MX25U3235FZNI

Cloud your help share  the K81 newest SDK is SDK_2.5.0_TWR-K81F150M? 

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi chailiming,

Where you get the TWR-K81F150M board?

From the nxp website? Do you have the link?

Could you also please provide one photo about your TWR-K81F150M board?

As I didn't find this board from the NXP website, so until now, I still don't have that board for testing.

MX25U3235FZNI is also the same as the TWR-K80F150M board, which I have tested yesterday.

So, it should works, because totally the same QSPI chip.

image.png

About the SDK, I can't send you directly, as it needs the NDA to download it.

You already have the old SDK version, so you should have assigned the NDA with NXP, and you should can download the newest SDK:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/

Please try it on your side again.

image.png

So, now it should your SDK version issues.

Please download the newest SDK, and try it again.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know!

Best Regards,

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
chailiming
Contributor II

Hi Kerry

My Test Board is TWR-POS-K81,  the QSPI Flash is  MT25TL512HBA8E12-0SIT.

Could help test SDK_2.5.0_TWR-K81F150M, Demo on TWR-POS-K81.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi chailiming

Thanks for your updated information.

You mark your reply as the correct answer, do you already resolved this issues or not?

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
chailiming
Contributor II

QSPI FLASH.PNGTWR-POS-K81.jpg

0 Kudos
chailiming
Contributor II

0 Kudos