Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K70 and PEG lite: Install ressource take a long time

Jump to solution
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello every body

I'm using a K70 with MQX 4.1 with PEG lite. (Tower K70) and a screen of 800x600.

I have a PEG ressource file of about 10Mo size (it is a small application, I have not many Picture I think).

So the ressource file in binary (.pbr) is stored in the external flash.

On PEG start, I call the function to Install ressource , then I supposed in it, the ressource file is unzipped in the external RAM.

My problem is this procedure take a long time (about 10s).

Do you know if there are a way to reduce this time? because in other word, after power on, I have a delay of 10s before see any picture displayed on the screen.

Note: For the moment, I modified PEG driver to display a welcome picture during this phase, but like this picture is not managed by PEG, it is stored in CONST in my program and then take big place (800x600 x2 Bytes = 960KBytes (1MB available...) ! then my welcome picture is in reduce size to take less place (400*200*2)

But I prefered the install ressource take less place.

:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
1 Solution
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

So to close this post, I come back here:

The response is NO. The nandflash read/unzip to RAM take this time. No reduce is possible, just the ressource file is a big file.

So I modify the PEG driver to display a small bitmap on the screen (loading screen) to make wait user...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

Nobody to help me?

I will try by an other maner.

I'm ask me a question: Is possible to increase NandFlash clock?

Currently, I'm using a board similar to the Tower K70 except  for the  nandFlash, the  NandFlash  is not the 16Bit model but the 8Bit:

MT29F2G08 instead of MT29F2G16.

The Kinetis also is not a 120Mhz but a 150Mhz. Due to this, I modified MQX to increase clock from 120 to 150MHz:

MCG_C5 ) 0x03 instead of 0x04

And the constant modified like bellow. Then my question is Can I increase NandFlash clock?  If yes which clock Hav

#define CPU_BUS_CLK_HZ                  75000000U /* Initial value of the bus clock frequency in Hz */      #define CPU_CORE_CLK_HZ                 150000000U /* Initial value of the core/system clock frequency in Hz.  */

#define CPU_BUS_CLK_HZ_CLOCK_CONFIG0    75000000U /* Value of the bus clock frequency in the clock configuration 0 in Hz. */ #define CPU_CORE_CLK_HZ_CLOCK_CONFIG0   150000000U /* Value of the core/system clock frequency in the clock configuration 0 in Hz. */

#define CPU_CLOCK_CONFIG_0              0x00U /* Clock configuration 0 identifier */ #define CPU_CORE_CLK_HZ_CONFIG_0        150000000UL /* Core clock frequency in clock configuration 0 */ #define CPU_BUS_CLK_HZ_CONFIG_0         75000000UL /* Bus clock frequency in clock configuration 0 */ #define CPU_FLEXBUS_CLK_HZ_CONFIG_0     50000000UL /* Flexbus clock frequency in clock configuration 0 */ #define CPU_FLASH_CLK_HZ_CONFIG_0       25000000UL /* FLASH clock frequency in clock configuration 0 */ #define CPU_USB_CLK_HZ_CONFIG_0         0UL /* USB clock frequency in clock configuration 0 */ #define CPU_PLL_FLL_CLK_HZ_CONFIG_0     150000000UL /* PLL/FLL clock frequency in clock configuration 0 */ #define CPU_MCGIR_CLK_HZ_CONFIG_0       0UL /* MCG internal reference clock frequency in clock configuration 0 */ #define CPU_OSCER_CLK_HZ_CONFIG_0       50000000UL /* System OSC external reference clock frequency in clock configuration 0 */ #define CPU_ERCLK32K_CLK_HZ_CONFIG_0    32768UL /* External reference clock 32k frequency in clock configuration 0 */ #define CPU_MCGFF_CLK_HZ_CONFIG_0       24414UL /* MCG fixed frequency clock */

0 Kudos
arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

So to close this post, I come back here:

The response is NO. The nandflash read/unzip to RAM take this time. No reduce is possible, just the ressource file is a big file.

So I modify the PEG driver to display a small bitmap on the screen (loading screen) to make wait user...

0 Kudos