Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64F I2C ACK

Jump to solution
mayawatanabe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Experts,

I downloaded the K64 sample code for tower board (Kinetis_K64_SC_INIT) from the web site and just changed the slave address to 0x00. And I just pulled up the I2C1 line, PTC10 and PTC11. There is no I2C device. However I saw some "Ack"s (Please refer the attached picture)... Is it normal? or any register setting would be wrong?? I added ODE=1 code into the sample code but there is no change..

I'm using a FRDM-K64F(revB, sch revD1), not tower board. But I thought the sample code would work on FRDM-K64F as well...

Best Regards,

Maya

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maya,

When you set the slave address to 0x00, which in fact send a START BYTE.

Please check below picture about I2C first byte definition:

START.png

In this case, there with below start procedure:

START1.png

From I2C bus specification, An acknowledge-related clock pulse is generated after the START byte.

This is present only to conform with the byte handling format used on the bus. No device is allowed to acknowledge the START byte.

So you observe signal is normal.

More detailed info, please check with I2C bus specification page 17.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maya,

When you set the slave address to 0x00, which in fact send a START BYTE.

Please check below picture about I2C first byte definition:

START.png

In this case, there with below start procedure:

START1.png

From I2C bus specification, An acknowledge-related clock pulse is generated after the START byte.

This is present only to conform with the byte handling format used on the bus. No device is allowed to acknowledge the START byte.

So you observe signal is normal.

More detailed info, please check with I2C bus specification page 17.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos