K64 144-pin RMII_MODE bit does not get set

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64 144-pin RMII_MODE bit does not get set

alekseystarovoy
Contributor I

We do use MK64FX512VLQ12 MCU in our system, which is 144 pin package, and we need to have Ethernet on it.
We made routing based on FRDM-K64F board, i.e. we used all of the same external components on the Ethernet side, except we had to adjust pin mapping.

From the schematic stand point it all looks great; however, we have problem. Looks like the PHY is sending messages to the MCU, but there is no communication from MCU to the PHY. Also, RMII_MODE bit does not get set while code runnig. However, when same code is used on the FRDM board, RMII_MODE bit get set and everything works as it should. Now, my question is, do we need to do something special to have RMII_MODE bit to be set on 144 package? Because in compare to the 100 pin package here we have all MII lines available.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

alekseystarovoy
Contributor I

Hello Fang Li.
This customer board uses exact Ethernet schematic from FRDM-K64F board. The difference is that we used 144-pin package instead of 100-pin.
Here is the schematic of how we do connect PHY;
pastedImage_1.png
And like I said, for the sample code Keil uVision 5, RMII_MODE bit does not get set, while in Freedom board everything works.

Aleksey

0 Kudos

danilolima
Contributor II
Hello Aleksey Starovoytov. I'm having the same problem, I wonder if you can solve it?
0 Kudos

fangli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please let me know if the customer board has the same Ethernet PHY with FRDM-K64F board? The FRDM-K64F board is using RMII Ethernet
interface, the 50MHz external clock output from the KSZ8081 Ethernet PHY. And the K64 MCG is in PEE mode, the PLL reference clock is external
50MHz clock. Customer could check the EXTAL0 (PTA18) pin if there with 50MHz clock available. 
As for the software config, customer should check the pin muxing register if the pins with correct function. 
0 Kudos