K60n512 wifi with Gain Span (GS1500M)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60n512 wifi with Gain Span (GS1500M)

tuckerdowns
Contributor I

I am trying to use the TWR-WIFI-GS1500M board with the TWR-K60n512 board and can not find a single working example or patch for MQX 3.7 or MQX 4.1.

Initially I was having problems with MQX 4.1 and when I read that a patched version of 3.7 worked great for this configuration I went ahead and downloaded it but have yet to make it work.

With just the TWR SER board in use I can make the web server example run but with the TWR-WIFI board enabled in soft ware the example fails.

I believe that with the wifi enabled I should be able to connect to a network created by the free scale tower (although my end goal is to make the tower connect to another network present) and see the web page served up by the example.

If anyone has made this module work with the k60 board (or any other boards) I would love to know what you did.

Does anyone have any ideas about how this works?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

There is a patch for TWR-K60 but it only works on CodeWarrior 10.1 and MQX 3.7.

I would like to confirm with you some information, did you connect 2-3 in the J12 connector (on the  TWR-WIFI-AR4100)?, and I also would like to know if you are using an SD card? I ask because this configuration could affect the SD card functionality (if you are using one). Also I attached some documents that I hope you find useful, please review them and let me know if this is useful.

Have a nice day,
Perla Moncada

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tuckerdowns
Contributor I

I am using those versions of MQX and Code warrior. I am not using the Atheros board. As stated in my original post I am using the TWR-WIFI-GS1500m by Gain Span

0 Kudos

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

Ho!!1 I apologize for my confusion, I have not seen an example like this for your board but let me take a look again just in case :S

0 Kudos

tuckerdowns
Contributor I

It's alright. Thanks for looking!

0 Kudos

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

At this moment I am still looking for something useful but I would like to ask you about what is going on at this moment (a new idea come to my mind); then let me make some questions, you mention you have an example code which does not actually work, right? are you using the TWR-WIFI-GS1500M Serial to Wi-Fi Sample Code?.

Also you mention when you are using the TWR-K60N512 with the TWR-SER your example code works just fine, correct? but as long as you add the TWR-WIFI-GS1500M board your example code fails, right? In this case could you please explain me in which part of the example does the fail occurs? is on the initialization or on the functional routine?.

I will be waiting for your answer and also I am still on the research for another example code for your board.

0 Kudos

tuckerdowns
Contributor I

I have seen the code from your first link but unfortunately that is only available as an IAR project and I'm not sure how to port it over. I didn't look at it very closely but I just didn't want the trouble.

For MQX3.7 GainSpan released a patch which put their drivers in the libraries and updated the http webserv example code but that patch did not work for me despite using MQX3.7.

The code does not fail like that, it actually initializes and runs fine but fails to create a wifi network to connect to or fails to connect to an existing wifi network. It fails to meet it's specification, it does not fail at compile or execution.

0 Kudos

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

I have been looking for an example code but unfortunately there is no such code for CodeWarrior, in this case I suggest you to enter a Service Request with your code attached, the problem you have has not been documented or mentioned before :S.

0 Kudos