cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60N512 SDHC controller

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

I don't really understand how SDHC controller work, so my question is : is it possible to use SDHC controller as simple SPI interface with multiple data lines?

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Frost
Contributor II

Not really possible...

Edit:

The SDHC interface is basically 4 SPI lines in parallel when viewed from the perspective of the SD Simplified physical layer specs - the commands / data are split over 4 lines, and CRC'd individually. The SDHC takes care of this for you though. I believe to develop code for 4 wire SDIO access rather than SPI, you have to join the SD card developers group though.

The SDHC interface as connected on the K60 tower kit does allow single wire SPI access to the SD card though.

I'll leave this below as I misread the question and people might find the following useful:

Yes it is possible. If you look on the schematics you will find:

SD Pin...Port...MCU function:

5,CLK...PTE2...SPI1_SCK

2,SDI...PTE3...SPI1_SIN

7,SDO...PTE1...SPI1_SOUT

1,#CS...PTE4...SPI1_PCS0

I'm assuming SIN / SOUT refers to slave in, slave out. Therefore SIN is the MCU output, SOUT is the MCU input. SPI1_PCS0 I assume stands for "peripheral chip select". There are several of these so you can have SPI1 talking to several slave devices.

SPI1_PCS0...PTE4

SPI1_PCS1...PTE0

SPI1_PCS2...PTE5

SPI1_PCS3...PTE6

So, using SPI1, you can talk to the SD card in SPI mode, on the K60 twr kit. Handy.

0 Kudos