cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60 with external code memory

Jump to solution
cktrod
Contributor I

I'm trying to run code in an external flash on the FlexBus.  I would like to set instruction breakpoints in the code in external flash for debugging. It appears that I will have to use the aliased region that resides on the code bus between 0x1800_0000 and 0x1BFF_FFFF (aliased to 0x9800_0000 and 0x9BFF_FFFF).  Is this correct?

Do I use the aliased address (0x1XXX_XXXX) for all references to this space in the linker file and CSARX?

I'm using a K60FX512VLQ12 and can't seem to read the memory in the memory window of my debugger (IAR EWARM) when the CSARX is set to 0x1800_0000, but if I change CSARX to one of the external memory/peripheral regions I can read the contents of my flash part.  Does my processor have the aliased region?  Are there any other settings that are required to enable this aliased function?

Thanks,

Rod

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rodney,

0x1800_0000–0x1BFF_FFFF can only be accessed by core only, so if you want to put your code there, it would be the better place other than the places can be accessed by all masters.

Have a great day,
B.R
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rodney,

0x1800_0000–0x1BFF_FFFF can only be accessed by core only, so if you want to put your code there, it would be the better place other than the places can be accessed by all masters.

Have a great day,
B.R
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos