K60 with XENARC LCD 700TSV – 7" USB Touch Screen LCD Monitor with VGA and AV inputs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60 with XENARC LCD 700TSV – 7" USB Touch Screen LCD Monitor with VGA and AV inputs

Jump to solution
abhijeetshinde
Contributor I

Hello,

I am having Kinetis K60 board. I dont have TWR-LCD right now. I have following LCD

XENARC LCD 700TSV – 7" USB Touch Screen LCD Monitor with VGA and AV inputs
(http://www.xenarcdirect.com/product.php?productid=16136)

-Is it possible to use above lcd with K60 or I must buy TWR-LCD only for working with K60
-Can MQX support XENARC LCD
-If I dont use MQX is there any other way I can use above lcd with K60.

Regards
Akash

0 Kudos
1 Solution
iafg
Contributor IV

Hi abhijeetshinde

I work for Future Electronics.

We have an LCD panel interface module (PIM) for the tower system similar to the TWR-LCD-RGB. You can find out more about it here.

http://futurefreescaleguy.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/twr-pim41wvga/

With this module you can adapt to a large variety of LCDs. We have small LCD adapter boards (SLABs) currently for sizes 3.5, 4.1, 4.7 and 7", as well as a cable-SLAB for panels that take LVDS or TTL using a wired cable rather than flex (sizes 7" up to 12")

UNFORTUNATELY - The the K60 doesn't include an LCD controller on board. And that is needed in order to drive these displays directly. Any chance you might be getting a K70 Tower?

The TWR-PIM-41WVGA is a complete kit, and includes an industrial long life LCD from NLT(NEC). For other size LCDs contact us and we will provide the SLAB adapter at no charge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Iain is right Abhijeet, the K60 can't interact by itself with your LCD, you need an interface to translate the signals from the mcu, in the particular case f the K60, it drives the TWR-LCD or LCD modules through the Flexbus parallel interface which send all the data to a controller in the TWR-LCD which in turns sends the graphics to the display, my choice would be to either get a vga controller or the TWR-LCD which is a ready off-the-shelf solution for your TWR-K60

0 Kudos
iafg
Contributor IV

Hi abhijeetshinde

I work for Future Electronics.

We have an LCD panel interface module (PIM) for the tower system similar to the TWR-LCD-RGB. You can find out more about it here.

http://futurefreescaleguy.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/twr-pim41wvga/

With this module you can adapt to a large variety of LCDs. We have small LCD adapter boards (SLABs) currently for sizes 3.5, 4.1, 4.7 and 7", as well as a cable-SLAB for panels that take LVDS or TTL using a wired cable rather than flex (sizes 7" up to 12")

UNFORTUNATELY - The the K60 doesn't include an LCD controller on board. And that is needed in order to drive these displays directly. Any chance you might be getting a K70 Tower?

The TWR-PIM-41WVGA is a complete kit, and includes an industrial long life LCD from NLT(NEC). For other size LCDs contact us and we will provide the SLAB adapter at no charge.

0 Kudos