K22: Not supported ADC Channel DP0 and DP1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K22: Not supported ADC Channel DP0 and DP1?

Jump to solution
thomas_k1
Contributor II

I'm using processor MK22FX512CMX12 and I try to configure a High-Level ADC compoment for ADC1 and want to use ADC1_DP0 and ADC1_DP1 as input pin.

I get the message from the underlaying ADC_LDD component:

• Peripheral "ADC1_DP0/ADC0_DP3" does not support required hardware interface (A/D channel (pin)) Cob_Control  AD2/A/D channel (pin) Processor Expert Problem
  • Peripheral "ADC1_DP1" does not support required hardware interface (A/D channel (pin)) Cob_Control  AD2/A/D channel (pin) Processor Expert Problem

This error also comes up if the only component I have in my project is an ADC_LDD for ADC1. I can't figure out why these both pins are not allowed for usage. Can anybody help me please?

ADC1_Channel0_NotSupported.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas,

- It seems its a bug when using the ADC1_DP0 and ADC1_DP1 channel,

while I think Processor Expert IDE will be fixed , as to there will no update for this tool,

now we recommend use MCUXpresso Config Tools. MCUXpresso Config Tools|NXP 

And I checked with KDS and CW with Processor Expert, there isn't this bug.

- About the other channels ADC1_SE4b, ADC1_SE5b and ADC1_SE6b, please first refer

to the Typical Usage demo to check whether it can work well :

pastedImage_2.png

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
thomas_k1
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

thanks for your your reply.

CPU is typo: correct is MK22FX512VMC12 in MAPBGA 121-pin package

MK22.jpg

I'm using Processor Expert Software 10.4

PE10.4.jpg

For building and debugging I work with iSystems winIDEA Software, though I think this is not important here.

Attached is the project so far. I just added to ADC1 the ADC1_DP1 channel which creates the error.

In general it seems that I have problems using ADC1. As you can see I also try to use ADC1_SE4b, ADC1_SE5b and ADC1_SE6b. All of these can be configured, but they don't work. Changing inputs doesn't have any effect.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas,

- It seems its a bug when using the ADC1_DP0 and ADC1_DP1 channel,

while I think Processor Expert IDE will be fixed , as to there will no update for this tool,

now we recommend use MCUXpresso Config Tools. MCUXpresso Config Tools|NXP 

And I checked with KDS and CW with Processor Expert, there isn't this bug.

- About the other channels ADC1_SE4b, ADC1_SE5b and ADC1_SE6b, please first refer

to the Typical Usage demo to check whether it can work well :

pastedImage_2.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
thomas_k1
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

thanks for that info.

Changing the IDE is at this moment the same for me as doing it on registers directly. I will check this if I have some more time for the details.

For the 2nd part: Me feeling is that there a differences between ADC1_SE8 and ADC1_SE4b.The same signal connected to both pins work only for ADC1_SE8.

This maybe comes from this channel "ADC1_SE4a" vs "ADC1_4b". I currently try to find out whether or not I have to make a specific configuration to these channels.

Edit: I can confirm that this issue depends on MUXSEL in ADC1_CFG2. This bit is not set correct by generated code from PE. Setting it manually makes the channels work as expected.

Thanks again

Thomas

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Thomas ,

I was wondering your chip number is MK22FX512CMX12 ?

Which IDE do you used ?

It's better if you provide the project, I need reproduce the problem first.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos