Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K22 I2C high drive pins

Jump to solution
gsosnow
Contributor II

The MK22FN512CBP12R datasheet states:

PTB0, PTB1, PTC3, PTC4, PTD4, PTD5, PTD6, and PTD7 I/O have both high drive and normal drive capability
selected by the associated PTx_PCRn[DSE] control bit. All other GPIOs are normal drive only.

However the Ref Manual in the I2C section has register I2Cx_C2 which has a the HDRS bit to select High Drive mode.

The I2C1 bus is only availabe on pins PTC10/11 and PTCE0/1 which aren't listed as high drive GPIOs in the datasheet, but the HDRS bit appears to be available for I2C1, as well as I2C0. There isn't any note regarding the limitation of HDRS bit applicability, so can high drive be done on I2C1 for this part or is it limited to normal drive?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello George Sosnowski,

Sorry for the delay with your question.

According to information from apps team, the I2Cx_C2[HDRS] bit has no effect on the actual drive strength of the I2C pins. The high current capability is controlled by the PORTx_PCRn register for those pins supporting high drive strength.

Our apologies for the confusion caused. NXP will work on updating the documentation accordingly.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello George Sosnowski,

Sorry for the delay with your question.

According to information from apps team, the I2Cx_C2[HDRS] bit has no effect on the actual drive strength of the I2C pins. The high current capability is controlled by the PORTx_PCRn register for those pins supporting high drive strength.

Our apologies for the confusion caused. NXP will work on updating the documentation accordingly.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos