K10: What voltage range can the analog inputs withstand?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10: What voltage range can the analog inputs withstand?

garylynch
Contributor IV

We have a K10 design where under certain circumstances the voltage reaching the ADC inputs can exceed the VREFH levels and would like to know if this will cause damage, cause the ADC to mis-operate, or inflict other consequences.

There is a table on page 11 of the data sheet that indicates "analog input voltage" can only go up to Vdd + 0.3 V, but it is punctuated by a footnote. Under the footnote we read:
  "Analog pins are defined as pins that do not have an
   associated general purpose I/O port function."

We aren't using any of those inputs: all our analog inputs are multiplexed with digital inputs. There is missing text in this data sheet. If I were to fill in the blank, I would assume that analog inputs that share a pin with digital inputs are digital inputs, and the same table allows them to accept up to 5.5 V, which would solve my problem.

I hate to base my design safety on a sentence that isn't there. Has anyone found an unambiguous spec?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

We only recommend customer to make sure that ADC input voltage fall between VREFH and VREFL. Input voltages between VREFH and VREFL are straight line linear conversions.If the Vin voltage value is higher than VREFH but lower than VDDA, the pin will not be damaged but measure result will be full-scale max value. Anyway, do not make Vin exceed the VDDA.( if VDDA is not same as VREFH.)

0 Kudos