JTAG on TWR-K65F180M requires placing resistors?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG on TWR-K65F180M requires placing resistors?

Jump to solution
paulb-sct
Contributor III

From this earlier discussion question, it seems the TWR-K65F180M can be used with the Segger J-Link via connector J18 simply by removing jumper J32:

JTAG in TWR-K65F180M not functional on rev A0

But when I look at the schematic and the board, resistors R69 and R68 are not populated - these are the JTAG TDO and TDI lines respectively. I'm waiting for a cable but anticipating that I will probably need to place 0 ohm resistors at these locations to get it to work.

Can someone confirm this? Also, do R53 through R58 need to be populated as well?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
annamol
Contributor IV

Hi,

You can use Segger Jlink to flash K65F180M without soldering zero ohm resistors. I connected the 20 pin JTAG header onto J18, and removed jumper J32 which allows usage of external debuggers. I could flash codes using Segger Jlink  and it works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardR
Contributor IV

I on the other hand am unable to use the JLink debugger tool with the TWR-K65 whether J32 is removed or not.  Specifically, it is complaining about the TDO line remaining high.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

As Alex mentioned above, I also can use the external J-link debugger tool to program the K65 after just remove the J32.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
annamol
Contributor IV

Hi,

You can use Segger Jlink to flash K65F180M without soldering zero ohm resistors. I connected the 20 pin JTAG header onto J18, and removed jumper J32 which allows usage of external debuggers. I could flash codes using Segger Jlink  and it works.

0 Kudos
paulb-sct
Contributor III

Thanks annamol alex and jeremyzhou. I guess the TDI and TDO lines aren't used with the Segger.

0 Kudos