Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J-Link can not connect MCU (MK10DX128xxx5) after erase flash

Jump to solution
martinzhang
Contributor III

Hello,

I used J-Link Commander (Erase all) to erase my MK10Dx128xxx5 flash, now I can not using J-LINK to connect it again and the error information is:

Kinetis(connect): Timeout while halting CPU. CPU does not stop. Abort debug session?

Is there any method I can reconnect the MCU again?

Best Regards,

Martin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Martin,

This is the JTAG interface design from our TWR-K20D50M.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Normally, we recommend the customer to connect the RESET pin to the JTAG or SWD interface.

If you are convenient, you can add that pin, and try again.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Martin,

Your chip maybe secured.

Please open JLINK commander, then input:  unlock kinetis

Then check, whether the unlock can be finished.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
martinzhang
Contributor III

Hello Kerry,

Thanks for your reply.

Use unlokck kineis cannot solve this problem.

I have solved this problem from Emanuele's tip in: Jlink connection not allowed after Flash Erase.

The method to solve this problem is: Force reset pin to 0V while attempting to establish the connection using J-link (Force reset pin to 0V only need a short time). 

Best Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Martin Zhang,

Thank you very much for your solutions sharing.

Please help to check your SWD or JTAG interface, did you also add the reset pin in the SWD or JTAG interface which connect to your JLINK?

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
martinzhang
Contributor III

Hello Kerry,

I found that  the TRST pin connects to the JTAG interface in my board, not the RESET pin. I also found in the manual: the nTRST pin does not cause a system reset.  Is this the reason J-LINK cannot connect the MCU? But why it works well  without erasing flash via J-Link Commander ?

Best Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Martin,

This is the JTAG interface design from our TWR-K20D50M.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Normally, we recommend the customer to connect the RESET pin to the JTAG or SWD interface.

If you are convenient, you can add that pin, and try again.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
martinzhang
Contributor III

Hello Kerry,

Thank your very much!

I connected the RESET pin the the J-LINK and tried it again and the problem is solved!

Best Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Martin,

That's very good to hear it works on your side!

Any new question, welcome to discuss it in our community!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos